New
Find
Notify
Tools

Woolrich clothing
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The term "old school" defines me to a T when it comes to hunting. Original turn of the centry calibers in old Winchesters, old wool red and black plaid hunting outfit by Woolrich of Pennsylvania and leather boots that's me.
Preparing for an upcoming whitetail trip to Saskachewan in mid November I went to Woolrich's web site and ordered an "old school" red and black wool utility vest. It arrived today an imagine my surprize to see a tag MADE IN CHINA pinned next to the Woolrich label.
How sad is that?

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Very sad....

Send it back and buy an old school JOHNSON WOOLEN MILLS red and black jacket which is still made in Vermont.

~Ann

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Yes, sad indeed.
I have also quit Pendelton. Check Filson, their stuff is great. Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Very sad
I'm with Nate
Pendleton and Filson topnotch and so far American made.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I see pendleton listed on cabelas, but interestingly enough I went to their site a few months back and didn't see any wool shirts.

I'd love to have a wool mackinaw some day, no more swishswishsiwsh of synthetic fabric moving around when hunting. I have one orange and grey pendleton that still barely fits, must be 20 years old, I got it from my grandfather. I was in Colorado maybe 7-8 years ago and a pendleton store was closing and had killer discount on everything, wouldn't you know not a single shirt in my size. Mad

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
I'm still wearing my woolrich coat from 1975!! they do not wear out too fast.

Posts: 5717 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
I have a few wool Pendelton shirts and a jacket. Love them. But the last"Pendelton" shirt I picked up has a tag from asia somewhere (don't remember, don't care) and I was a bit miffed. If I'm going to pay that much for a shirt it better be from the company whose label is on it. Maybe it was a scam?
Filson wool is great, and the tin cloth coat Is probably my favorite. Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Northman56751
posted Hide Post
Another place one could look is Bemidji Woolen Mills. Made in north central Minnesota

http://www.bemidjiwoolenmills.com/

Brett Mattson
www.hosted-hunts.com
E-mail: brett@hosted-hunts.com
Cell: 218-452-0774
Life Member NRA

Posts: 258 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigNate:
Yes, sad indeed.
I have also quit Pendelton. Check Filson, their stuff is great. Nate

Almost all of Filson stuff is made in the Far East now. Most do not know this.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey, those people have to eat too! What kind of human would not want another to have the same opportunity for a better life as he? Is it better to give your money to the sewer rats in Washington DC? There are worse ways to spend your money.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
That's sad to hear. I'm just getting ready for the early doe season here in Sotheast PA and justed washed my camo Woolrich hat. I've had the hat for nearly 20 years now and it's barely holding together. My wife asked me if I was going to retire the hat. I told hear no and will keep wearing it until it falls off my head. I still own some old Woolrich shirts that are a little tight and and my father's Woolrich jacket which has to be over 50 years old!

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 599 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodrow S:
Hey, those people have to eat too! What kind of human would not want another to have the same opportunity for a better life as he? Is it better to give your money to the sewer rats in Washington DC? There are worse ways to spend your money.

The people in my own country need all the jobs they can get. I choose to support my country.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like Big Nate said tu2

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ditto for Big Nate. Charity begins @ home.