Find
Notify
Tools

Goat from this morning
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Nice goat you got there. Hope that helped. cheers

one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
What did I do wrong??? And thank You!!

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
An old goat with an old goat?

My apologies, I couldn't resist...

seafire... 10 minutes in the time out chair!

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Nice animal! Will you please share a bit of the hunting details?

That antelope has a very nice face on him, nice curl to the prongs too. Way to go.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I have never heard "old goat with an old goat" before!!!! I have been hunting this guy for a month, he has been hanging out on a big sage brush flat that was private property, I would check on them every day, this morning there was 150 head on a school section that is public property he was in the center of the heard. I just waited till he was clear and the rest is history . The horns are 15in long I did not make any other measurments I will later. I have killed better but this is a damn fine goat.I used my 300 Win, 180 Accubonds, over kill butit is what I had in the truck I was elk hunting yesterday.

one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
Oh, how is my camo pattern???? I did have an orange cap on. My truck is tan, maybe I should have worn a little more brown!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice looking goat you have there. I would presume it is a lot easier if you live close by. I was not overly wild about the meat of the ones that I got years ago.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 344 | Location: Bean Town in the worthless nut state | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HerrMesser:
Nice looking goat you have there. I would presume it is a lot easier if you live close by. I was not overly wild about the meat of the ones that I got years ago.

Rad

I was surprised by the taste of the first one I shot. Lately I marinate in 1/4 cup olive oil and 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, something I learned from a bartender who got it from a cook in a restaurant that served a $22 antelope dish.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14441 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
Last year my wife and I ate 7 of them!!!I think they are almost as good as elk.We don't mess around too much marinade if there is time if not just on the grill, never cook it well done though.

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
What did I do wrong???

The first try didn't have the full url. The second try was only missing the first square bracket!! Like this...

IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/mickeysdad/P1010224.jpg[/IMG]

So close...you just about had 'er! Smiler

I fixed your first post and will clean up the extraneous ones.

Nice goat btw!

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Josh K.
posted Hide Post
Nice goat!! cheers

Posts: 362 | Location: St.Louis Mo | Registered: 15 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thats an awesome goat I love hunting pronghorn.It is one of the tenderest best tasting of the hoofed animals I have eaten besides moose.I hope I get to go again soon.I will try to go next year.

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Canuck said it all. I just couldn't fix your post so I used what you had up there to find it on photobucket and repost it. A fine animal like that needs to be shared.

one of us
posted Hide Post
ELKMAN2: Congratulations on the nifty "Speed Goat"!
A 15" Antelope on public land is INDEED a Trophy!
Its a Trophy on private land as well but the public land makes it all the more enjoyable and commendable.
Good for you.
Many happy returns.
Long live Wyoming.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's hard to tell from the pictures but, he looks close to making the all-time B&C book (if your interested in that kind of stuff). Congradulations, on a great goat.

Posts: 36 | Location: lubbock,texas | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
I have a B & C goat from a few years ago, I doubt this one will make it, but it should be in the high 70's, maybe 80 even! I'm happy as hell. I shot 2 does today so my goat hunting is done for 2006