THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Black bear from a ground blind at 8 yards!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black bear from a ground blind at 8 yards!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have posted two different video clips that are about 80 second long each.

They show my son on his first bowhunt for black bear where he takes an 18 1/2 inch P&Y trophy black bear. I put this same post on www.bowsite.com but I thought that some of you rifle hunters might also enjoy seeing some up close and personal action!!!!

http://www.huntingfootage.com/showphoto.php?photo=1226

http://www.huntingfootage.com/showphoto.php?photo=1227

Just double click on the link that I have provided. You will go to the site and then double click on the picture of the bear video. It should automatically load and it does not take too long. Make sure that you turn on your sound.

Let me know what you think of my camera and video editing skills. I might be able to find part-time work after retirement.....

I know that I am bragging but he has matured so quickly into hunter that enjoys the hunt as much as the actual killing of the animal.

This editing of the video has been as much fun as the hunt. On a home computer and with very little computer skills, I have figured out how to trim video clips as well as add music, titles, transition, and insert photographs. I am almost done with a 30 minute DVD where he and I both take a P&Y trophy black bear. When I am done, I will have something that I can sit in my rocking chair and watch when I am too old to be climbing up into these tree stands!

Ron L

Posts: 276 | Location: hendersonville, nc 28739 | Registered: 18 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow! nice video, and great bear!

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Good stuff, Ron! Congrats to your son on a great bear.

Your video was great. I was also not aware of that website for video hosting. I was using Imagestation previously, but haven't been able to share videos here for a while.

What editing software do you use?

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Canuck

I am using Pinnacle Studio 9 Plus. I started with Studio 8, upgraded to 9, and now to 9 Plus.

Could this site be modified to where we could post hunting related video?

I really enjoyed myself putting this DVD together.

I do have a question. I have tried using a "lavalier style" microphone on the people in my video. I am now thinking about using a "shotgun style" microphone. Does anyone have experience with different microphones when shooting home miniDV video?

Ron L

Posts: 276 | Location: hendersonville, nc 28739 | Registered: 18 June 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ron! I have Pinnacle 8 now and will likely upgrade to 9 Plus at some point. Need to do some hardware upgrades first though.

We don't intend to upgrade AR for picture or video hosting, primarily due to issues with bandwidth and loading times, etc. Our overworked adminitrator is doing a great job of keeping the site functional with the tremendous traffic we already receive, both on the bulletin boards and related to downloading of Saeed's T-Rex and Hunting videos.

I was just looking into mic's myself. I hope someone here can answer your question.

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Canuck

I posted the same question in the photography forum.

Ron L

one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
Great video. Big Grin

If you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member of the Delaware Destroyers
Member Reeders Misfits
NRA Life Member ENDOWMENT MEMBER
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ron,

Great footage and as you said remarkably unspooked bears.

Regards,

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of prairiewolf
posted Hide Post
Good video the bear with the cut under its eye must have tried to climb into someone elses stand Big Grin Big Grin

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Posts: 144 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Prairie wolf

The bear with the cut was fighting over a sow with a bigger boar. Another hunter had video the confrontation the week before. Later, the bigger boar was shot with a bow. The smaller boar with the cut then proceeded to breed to sow in heat near the dead boar. It just shows that persistence pays off!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to both of you. Fine bear indeed.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote