Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Mexico this fall?
 Login/Join

posted
Hoping to hunt in New Mexico, ideally this fall, but maybe next if this fall is not feasible. We would be a party of four, all mobile. Elk or mule deer, realizing mule deer might be more realistic. We have hunted other western states for both elk and mule deer and would like to experience NM. Have seen Black Mountain outfitters mention here. Also seen positive impressions of Trophy Ridge. Any suggestions, advice much appreciated,
Thank you.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Lots of great outfitters here in NM. Contact NM Council of Guides and Outfitters www.nmoutfitters.com for a list.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try to find a good area close to the Colorado line.
Starting about Pagosa springs and on west. That's where the game seems to be headed during migration.

I hunted 8 Mile Mesa one year and deer walked thru camp 24/7 for the week I was there. Hell, I even found tracks in the snow between my truck and camp trailer with the generator running in the space between was about 5 feet wide.

They never paid any attention to me. Even when I sat on a chair out in the open driveway of the camping spot. They walked WEST, some within 30 feet of me sitting there. Amazing!

Even the elk head west. I don't know where they end up for wintering grounds.

Best wishes for a great hunt.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6028 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote