New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington Titanium
 Login/Join

<MOA>
posted
I'd like to know if anyone who owns a Rem Ti has had any problems with it (Bill?). I've read the previous threads, but I'm wondering if anymore opinions or experiences have developed since. I'm strongly considering the .270 as my primary Deer rifle but would like to be assured that there aren't problems with this rifle before dropping a grand on it. The group at Shooters.com seem to think it's a piece of junk, however it seems that none of the guys talking bad about the rifle seem to own one.

one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
MOA -
I own a .260 Ti, and it's certainly not junk, but:
1. It does have the bolt lock gadget on it. Seems like another part that can malfunction at the wrong time. I haven't had any problems with the bolt lock, on this rifle or several others, although I've heard lots of complaints here and on other forums.
2. It doesn't shoot as well as other 700's I own, including a standard Mtn. Rifle in 260. For $1,000.00 I expected better than 1-1/2" groups (5 shots).

Good points.
1. It IS light. With 2-7 Leupold Vari-XII and 4 rounds in the mag, it weighs 6lbs 14oz.
2. You should have some exclusivity. Not too many are being sold, at least in my neck of the woods.

Only the action is Titanium, the barrel is stainless, if that means anything to you.

Would I buy another one - No.
Will I get rid of this one - No. Hey, I like being exclusive.

R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
<Jordan>
posted
R-West:

By chance have you weighed the Ti barreled action vs. the 700 mountain rifle? Any accurate idea what the weight difference is between the two actions?

Thanks,

Jordan

<Bill>
posted
Never had a problem with mine. It is one of the most accurate guns (light bbl contour) I have ever fired. Here are two groups from the first time I went to the raneg with handloads.

This is the first Remington I have ever owned, I donlt like any of their other guns, except maybe the custom shop ones.

------------------
www.rifleshooter.com

Save a plant, shoot a deer!

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 01-19-2002).]

one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
Jordan - No, I haven't had a chance to weigh the actions, but, having had both the .260 Ti and standard .260 Mtn. Rifle actions out of their stocks many times, the Ti barreled action is noticeably lighter - probably at least 6 - 8 ounces. The stock also seems lighter than Remington's regular kevlar or fiberglass or whatever it is they're using now. The gun, overall, is REALLY light.

Bill - Thanks for the pictures. Now I'm really depressed. What caliber is yours?

R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
<Bill>
posted
Its a 3006.

------------------
www.rifleshooter.com

Save a plant, shoot a deer!