New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: It's a bad sign when....
 Login/Join

<firemen>
posted
I have the best wife in the world.12 years now. She new I love to hunt befor we got mairred. And all she ask is to let her know when Iam going and what time I will be home.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess you can put me down in the lucky catagory.

While we were dateing I went deer and turkey hunting with her father and brother. Guess they were really the ones I should have worried about . Laterf after we were maried I still went deer hunting ever fall and turkey hunting in the spring and fall and took up bow hunting. She supported me on all that. On the first date she brought up the issue of guns. Said she would not date anyone that had a problem with her owning and shooting rifles, shotguns, and pistols. She grew up shooting skeet mostly and is still mighty tough to beat. She loves wild game and would rather eat that instead of beef. We scheduled the births of both of my sons to not conflict with turkey and deer seasons. She knew I would be out hunting and did not want ot go into labor while I was in the woods. Thus they both have March birthdays . Over the years I have bought her guns for special occations and she has bought me guns as well as set aside funds for cutomising a few also. She really wants to go to Canada to hunt Carabou so I guess I just need to break down and save up for that one. And she absolutely insists on gutting her own deer. Her 8-point is mounted above our sofa.

Definately a keeper.

Posts: 513 | Location: MO | Registered: 14 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CLL
posted Hide Post
No bad signs hear , might have been a skeptic at times . My wife is wonderful , she is willing to hunt with me , does'nt have to hunt with me . She's able to hold a leg to help gut a deer or elk . Understanding when you call and say " I got one down , I'll be a little while ". And cooks some of the best chicken-fried steaks I've eaten .

Posts: 200 | Location: CA,U.S.A. | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
WELL, I had the whole, "ya know dear, I'm a hunter, and I'll be gone from Sept to Jan, and as long as the bills are paid, yada yada yada...you won't see me much" TALK BEFORE we were married. Did it do any good? NO!!

For the first 7 years, she ALWAYS b_tched, complained, etc. started fights and whatnot. Now I just look at her and she asks, "what time will you be home?"

I say, "it depends, on traffic, whether I kill anything or not, how long I have to drag it if I do kill something, how long it takes me to get to and from the taxidermist if it is something I want mounted, I have to get gas...best case scenario, 1 hour after dark, worst case scenario, 5 hours after dark, anymore questions?"

"Call me on my cell, however, there are parts where I do not have reception, so keep trying. I'll keep you posted on my trip from the hunting area. Good enough?"

The usual response is "whatever."

one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm lucky...

We spent our first aniversary night in a pup tent in NM antelope hunting. (And they say romance is dead)

When my first daughter was 6 months old she spent 3 days in a tent down in SE NM Javalina hunting with dad. Mom was happy to be there.

5 years ago I proclaimed to my wife that I needed to go Cape buffalo hunting to which she replied "you aren't getting any younger,lets work it out".

Less than a year after the buff hunt she and my 3 and 5 year old accompanied me to the Kwa Zulu Natal and spent 2 weeks hunting/touring.

She wants to go back as soon as possible.

When a friends wife asked why she "lets me do all this hunting" she replied "becuase it's what he does..Just like your husband". Why would you try and stop them?

A keeper.

Hope she stays that way!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Then when you are making your schedule out you need to ask her what days she plans on shopping and make one for her. Its 50/50 remember not 90/10.

Posts: 370 | Location: Buxton, ND | Registered: 13 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
But golf is so much more civilized. I have never golfed it is one of my goals to never golf. The one fun thing I see about golf would be to shoot the little white ball off the tee from long range.

Posts: 19432 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ouch! The sad part is that most significant others (not just limited to women) are with you long enough to a) KNOW that this is an annual thing, and b) KNOW how much you love to do such things. Why make a stink about it after you're married? You have my sympathy.

Turok

Posts: 219 | Location: Prince George, B.C | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
And now you know why I'm divorced. Had a wife who would start a fight, every time, just before I'd leave on a hunting trip. My kids are grown now and have told me that I didn't deserve the harassment (and these are my stepkids).
She now is married to a golf nut and is alone EVERY weekend! Ahhh, revenge is sweet.

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote