New
Find
Notify
Tools

Idaho bear hunts
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone have any info or experience with the bear hunting in unti 17 (Selway). I'm real close to booking a fall baited bear hunt with Lost River Outfitters and was looking for some input about the area or Lost River Outfitters. Thanks!

Posts: 352 | Location: NJ | Registered: 24 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
By chance did you read about my Idaho bear hunt ?

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My guy offers fall hunts as well Mark. I'll PM you some info. He hunts unit 16A.

Best,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John, It looks like about 6 of us are going to hunt with Lawrence again this Sept. My buddies ate some bear meat I cooked for them and now they all want to go on a hunt. Will you still be in SLC this Sept or already in Egypt?

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Tony,

I will be in Cairo by then for sure. I am scheduled to be at some orientation meetings at the university on August 15th or I would love to have lunch when you pass through SLC! Sounds like you have a fun hunt planned! Shoot a big one!

Best,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jaycocreek
posted Hide Post
John-I was in 16A and 20 yesterday(Close to my house) and ran across three of some ones Bear dogs wandering around thru the hills with know one around.Scared the crap out of me to walk around a corner on the trail and have them in my face tired and thirsty.

Jayco.

Posts: 565 | Location: Central Idaho | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John,
Good luck in Egypt. When you get over there find out where the nearest good hunting is.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jayco,

It wouldn't surprise me if we saw the same dogs. That guy really seemed to have little control over them. I was actually a bit peeved at that since he was either inadvertantly or intentionally running them in an area that was clearly being baited rather than across the road.

Tony,

You are welcome to join me in shooting some Ducks and Geese on the Nile Delta. I've got some feelers out already for some opportunities.

Best,

JohnTheGreek

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
John,

Did your group have a good hunt? What are the details?

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote