THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    ELK HUNTING VIDEO, with my friend, Adam

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ELK HUNTING VIDEO, with my friend, Adam
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted
To ALL:

I guess you could say I'm "pimping" my friend's video, but I will tell you, it is a very good elk hunting video.

The Cameraman, Adam, is my friend I hunt with in Colorado. I watched "The Hunt" when I came back and the bulls in this video are huge. Excellent footage. Be sure to click on the photos and movies tab and take a look there too.

Here's the link. You'll see Adam on the video on the website. (Need High speed).

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
Good promo, but Adam says his elk hunts are not for the rich and privileged ("hunters like you and me"), but when I looked at his hunts they are all sold except for one 30K elk hunt. That doesn't jive. Not picking on you or him, but I don't understand. Is the video of hunts outside of their outfitting company?? Otherwise it looks like the same old privileged hunter on a private land elk shoot...

I would personally love to see more good elk videos of people on public land, hunting fair chase. Hard to come by. Seems like all the hunting footage is people pushing products 2 or 3 times as much as they are hunting, and then the hunts end up being high fence operations from big blinds with a feeder just out of sight (sometimes after the shot you will see a glimpse of a feeder as the video pans, for example).

Here's the hunt list:
http://www.blacktimberoutfitters.net/hunts-07.html

Ranch unit
State
Species
Expected animals to harvest
No.
*Hunt Cost
season date
guide ratio
Weapon Type

Wild Horse Draw
UT
Deer
Trophy (170"+ B&C)
Booking for 08

Starting at $4,500.00
9/1—9/05 or

10/27—10/31
2/1-1/1
Any weapon

Wild Horse Draw
UT
Elk
Trophy 370+B&C
Sold out

Booking for 08
Landowner voucher

+ guide/outfitting fee
September rut hunts
1/1
Any weapon

Elk Ridge
UT
Deer
Trophy (180"+ B&C)
2 openings

call BTO

Draw

Conservation/

landowner vouchers
For more info
call BTO
1/1
archery, muzzleloader, rifle

Long Canyon Ranch
UT
Deer
Trophy 140+

Pope and Young
Booking for 08
$1,800.00

includes tag
August—September

7-days
4/1

Stand hunting
archery

Long Canyon Ranch
UT
Deer
Trophy 160+

B&C
Booking for 08
$2,000.00

includes tag
September

5 days
2/1

Stand hunting
muzzleloader

San Juan
UT
Elk
Trophy (370-400" B&C)
5 openings

call BTO

conservation permits

30K+
all rut hunts, for more info
call BTO
1/1

Blackham Creek

UT
Elk
trophy 350+
Sold out

Booking for 08
Landowner voucher

+ guide/outfitting fee
rut hunt
1/1

Okerland Draw
UT
Antelope
13â€+ 70â€+ B&C
2 openings
call BTO
September
1/1
Any weapon

Doc, I like your posts, and enjoy reading them. I'm not trying to flame you. This is just my video rant. I just wish I could turn on more hunting video programs for more than a couple of minutes without wanting to puke.

Posts: 159 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 11 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Hey, all good questions and concerns. I'm pimpin the vid, not the hunts.

But, as far as I know, his brothers are the true outfitters and he films the hunts. As I recall, the hunter must draw the tag in SE Utah. That is the hard part.

Outside of that, I don't think the hunts were any more than most other elk guides....$4000-$5000 maybe? I saw that $30K fee, I think that is a conservation tag or something. I'll call and ask him.

When we talked about it a couple of years ago, I asked what I'd be charged on the guided hunt in the San Juan if I drew my tag which is roughly $900 and the figure was around $4000 if I recall. I'll check into it.

However, to see an outfitter that is booked way ahead, that is a good sign. If you happen to watch the video, you'll understand why. To my knowledge, there are 2 other outfitters that guide in the San Juan. Their fees are higher.

But, all that aside, the video is still very good to watch.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
It looks like a great promo. I was in a foul mood that night, and the discrepency irked me.

Posts: 159 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 11 December 2002Reply With Quote