New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for an Aoudad hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I hope this does not sound like too odd of a request but I would like to find an Aoudad hunt
for my soon to be 71 year old father. He is in good health for the most part and I would like to
look at doing the hunt within the next year.

I have hunted with another Outfitter on here that did an outstanding job and I would highly recommend them.
However, the prices have went up considerably (and I do not blame the Outfitter one bit) and its just out of
my dads budget.

The ideal hunt would be 3-4 days, self or semi guided is fine.
A decent opportunity at 26" range animal would be great.
We would be fine providing our own accommodations.

I certainly do not want to offend anyone in regards to the price. I am hoping to find something in the $2,000-$3500 range. I may be way off base and that is fine as I am not even sure if a hunt like this exists.

Thanks for your help.

Posts: 2648 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look at this outfitters hunts, maybe there's something there that you'd be interested in. Give them a call and see what they have. Good luck

https://www.westtexashunt.com/aoudad.html

Posts: 332 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 16 April 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a client between Alpine and Fort Davis that has an outfitter doing hunts on their place. I have no idea about cost but know that I shot a good one there. I’ll be happy to ask.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you're interested in contacting me at globalhunts@aol.com I can definitely help ya? We have a great Aoudad hunt in west Texas, near El Paso on a 60,000 acre private ranch. Here's the Aoudad I shot on this hunt in March 2019. Saw lots of sheep!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4885 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys:

I appreciate the help. Please send me a PM and I’ll give you a call.

Thanks, Jason

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aoudads in prime country have gotten pretty expensive. It is kind of a paradox, most ranchers hate aoudads and some shoot them on sight. But at the same time the price they get/charge for outfitters keeps spiraling up. A lot of sheep hunters are willing to pay high prices, which are chicken feed compared to North American sheep hunts. The experience can be very comparable, see a lot of rams, almost always dry weather, and minimal b.s. So you have market forces driven by hunter demand and land owner fees.

Posts: 740 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by squeezenhope:
Aoudads in prime country have gotten pretty expensive. It is kind of a paradox, most ranchers hate aoudads and some shoot them on sight. But at the same time the price they get/charge for outfitters keeps spiraling up. A lot of sheep hunters are willing to pay high prices, which are chicken feed compared to North American sheep hunts. The experience can be very comparable, see a lot of rams, almost always dry weather, and minimal b.s. So you have market forces driven by hunter demand and land owner fees.

You are 100% correct!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason P:
quote:
Originally posted by squeezenhope:

You are 100% correct!

Also you need to decide if you want a high fence ranch hunt, or a wild sheep hunt - they are obviously completely different. Nothing wrong with either...just one of the decisions you can make based on the type of hunt you like best.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4885 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jason,
Give me a call or email and I will make something happen in your budget for your dad.

Specializing in Free Range hunts in far west Texas for Native & Exotic Game. Hunts for All budgets with Financing available.

www.westtexashunt.com

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WestTexasHuntOrganization/

Posts: 439 | Location: El Paso/ Far West Texas | Registered: 20 July 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Here on the western edge of New Mexico Unit 34, I believe an aoudad tag is still over the counter, but the terrain -- the western face of the Sacramento Mountain escarpment -- is very tough and I don't hear of many trophy-quality harvests. Mike or Aaron likely can verify.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16532 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Bill I killed myself in that unit in November.

One of the guys I work with has been looking for a hshooter up there for 5 months. Has yet to see one. I didn't find anything but ewes and lambs.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I found a hunt!

A big thanks to all