THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    3 women/dogs 'almost' attacked by wolf pack

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

3 women/dogs 'almost' attacked by wolf pack
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted
Ok, they ignore the signs posted which warned of previous encounters, and went on their walk anyway, and the one stupid woman begins to cry b/c of the thought of leaving her dog as "wolf chow." Is it just me, or were these three women asking for trouble?

stupid dog owners

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
I love that technique, "I rainbowed my pepper spray" !! rotflmo If they were a little more hungry the wolves would have had people with pepper[spray] sauce for lunch ! Big Grin

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
While I would never wish death on anyone via a wolf attack, sometimes you get to the point where you can think people deserve what they get, or might get.

Walking your dogs with no firearms in KNOWN wolf country where warnings are posted???

C'mon. Those ladies are very lucky they didn't become that packs meal for the week. Foolish.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Choices....

1) Stay Home

2) Stay out of Wolf zone

3) Get a real dog (or even two)

4) Go to the gym

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
But, this is my home.... What are the wolves doing here????? I just wanna walk my dog....

I have not had the pleasure to visit the dark continent, but one thing that Capstick and Ruarck always seem to commment on was how the natives were "comfortable" with death. We in the N hemisphere have just become so seperated...

A woman gets eatin in the river by a big croc and the next day her sisters are washing pots and cloths in the same spot.

How far do you want to live from mother nature's grasp????

Posts: 173 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 25 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
Natural Selection at work.plain and simple.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Before watching the video I had in mind some animal rights type that believe all animals are cuddlely and cute even in the wild. I was rooting for the wolves with this in mind Wink but after seeing the video I realize it was just the case of some women who made a poor choice.

Sure you can say they made a stupid decision, but it still took courage to stand up to the pack of wolves and to remain calm enough to get out of there unharmed.

I can only speak for myself, but I would not have been able to do the interview if that were me. Nope, I'd be too busy changing my underwear.

And at least the one woman understands that preserving human life is more important than animal life. She put the safety of her friends above those of her dogs. So many people value animals more than humans.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jb:
Natural Selection at work.plain and simple.

i wish it were so.
unfortunatly stupid people only get killed AFTER they breed.

Damn shame.

CVC, wrote "Sure you can say they made a stupid decision, but it still took courage to stand up to the pack of wolves ..."

sorry, but once youve put yourself in that position, unarmed, unprepared and with no foresight or plan all you do have is "courage".

they should have known the possibility was there and prepared for it. ill take a 44SPL charter arms and a plan anyday over courage.

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CVC:
...but after seeing the video I realize it was just the case of some women who made a poor choice.

Sure you can say they made a stupid decision,

Ok, I would be more forgiving and call this a poor choice had the signs not been posted that they walked right by.

Most of the time, I give folks the benefit of doubt, but as I mentioned in my first post, there comes a time when I begin to call some people STUPID/Dumb/idiot.

Had these fine ladies taken a stroll with their dogs in "questionable" territory, i.e., wolves had been there but hadn't been seen in years, then I'd say they made a poor choice.

Under the circumstances as I know it, these three ladies fall under the catagory of "stupid." The confirmatory test was the lady who "rainbowed" the pepper spray.

I guess I'm kind of cruel sometimes but I ask myself, "how stupid can someone get?"

quote:
but it still took courage to stand up to the pack of wolves and to remain calm enough to get out of there unharmed.

I respectfully disagree. They acted in fear. Courage is facing danger on purpose, knowing it is the right thing to do. Courage is an action, not a reaction.

Here's my definition of poor choice: taking a 243 to hunt brown bears. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doc,
If you pause the video you will see that the sign said that Buddy had been attacked. That is the pit bull that was with the ladies and the sign obviously was put up after the incident. The second sign was placed over the left edge of the one with "buddy" on it. They did say that they had heard about the wolves but no speicific info on where the wolves were sighted.

They live in AK and go walking in the woods. They need to learn how to shoot and take a pistol with them.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Well, that would certainly change things, but it does not coincide with the story that accompanied the email to me that included the video.

As was related to me, there were warning signs posted prior to their walk according to the news article attached in the email.

But, you are right, they should be packin! 2020

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This incident happened within the Municipality of Anchorage. That's right, in city limits.

I bike, hike, and ski in Anchorage a lot, and have never "packed". It's not like being out in the bush somewhere, it's a populated area.

There are a couple wolf packs that roam the area, but up until lately they haven't caused any problems with humans. They have gotten too bold now, and after these women had that encounter, the village of Eklutna (also within Anchorage) has hired a trapper to set traps to try to take care of some of the varmints.

I think you guys are a little off base here considering where this happened.

Ken

Posts: 141 | Location: Eastern Oregon | Registered: 26 November 2002Reply With Quote