Music You Absolutely Can't Stand
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted
I can't stand the following:

List includes, but is not limited to

1. N'Sync
2. Back-street boys(or the back alley girls )
3. Most reggae stuff
4. Most country music
5. That techno crap
6. Marilyn Manson stuff
7. Most heavy medal
8. Ricky Martin
9. Hippy Music
10. And last but not least, music by that mofo Eminem.

Posts: 1282 | Location: here | Registered: 26 January 2002Reply With Quote
<ultramag>
posted
All rap music sucks!

<J Brown>
posted
Does this BULL SHIT belong on a hunting fourm?

Jason

one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J Brown:
Does this BULL SHIT belong on a hunting fourm?

Jason

Bull shit? How 'bout the "Best Rock Band" topic, or the "Best Wine", or "best Hot dog" are they bull shit too because they're not about hunting? If you don't like the topic, don't click on it! It's that simple, you don't have to cry about it!

one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Rap "music" ! Neither do I like the "people" who "play" it.

------------------
Andr�

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
Rap music is an oxymoron.

Posts: 3512 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
<Jagermeister>
posted
I'm not a huge rap fan, but most of what people judge their opinions about rap is based on what they see and hear in the commercial industry, which is just what you've all said, BS, crap, not music, oxymoron, and other things like violent, pessimistic, depressing.

Anyway, that is rap, but there is hiphop as well, and although i not a big fan of this either, I recognize that that of it which exists beneath the mainstream is significantly better both musically and lyrically. Hiphop and rap are both more about the lyrics than the music, which is why you could better call it, angry, offensive, rhyming poetry to a drum beat. I have heard good hiphop with good messages that was not so offensive on the whole.

I personally can't stand any of the new stuff. It's so copied and UN-original, I want to cry. Any rap or R&B from a woman is pretty-much the worst though. Musicians though, these days,(for the most part) are not about how people hear their stuff, but how people see it; they skip in the music dept. since this is the hard one, and attract people through the visual gimmicks and so forth.

About Maryln Manson, or however you spell it. This person is perhaps THE most intelligent musician in the mainstream, at the moment, in my opinion. He is extremely smart with captivating his audience, and generating a following. The shock-appeal is just that, and every bit of "bad publicity" he receives, he appreciates, for it makes him more popular and more seen. His message is not what people see it as: the death, drugs, satan, sex, anti-christ stuff. That's the shock appeal, which I think he used in the beginning to develope his personna for the purpose of becoming recognized, and now that he is, we can see that his image shifted to a more retro, glamour-rock look. I don't really care about the image, but he has created some excellent, hard rock and roll, and metal. Also, he had his first band, which is basically the same one now, very popular before they had ever played a single note together, before they had a drummer. He's a master promoter. He's no worse than Sinead O'Conner, and she didn't get this bad a rep.

I can't handle Boston, Rush or Kansas...they all sound the same to me and it sounds like useless guitar intros...

<OTTO>
posted
I don't listen to music when hunting.

------------------
From my cold, dead hands!
Thanks Chuck!

<Jagermeister>
posted
True that.

<Don Martin29>
posted
I dislike Rap "music" because of the testosterone filled hate I hear in it.

Rap is perhaps a form of music being poetry set to a rythum. It cannot be sung as it has no melody.

one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
I like some of the rap. Some are just funny to listen to. I don't Eminem and people like him however because they disrespect women and think they all "hard". I think it takes great skills to rap. I tried it once and damn it was hard!

<Mats>
posted
Good music is just that, good music. If it happens to fall into a certain genre; jazz (the only art form the americans have given to the world), rock, metal, pop etc; so be it.

I dislike bad music no matter what banner it is performed under. As much as I detest metal band White Lion, I love metal band Iron Maiden. SOME of the boy band shit is actually quite catchy and should be recognized for that, although I sincerely believe it to be for the betterment of the human race and world peace if all boy/girl bands were marched into a bottomless pit and doused with highly acidic AND flammable liquids.

Good is good, bad is bad. Don't overcategorize.

-- Mats

<migra>
posted
I vote for rap. I absolutely hate the stuff. Of course my oldest kid listens to it just to try to piss me off. So of course I just ignore it and pretend like I can't hear it.

<T/Jazz>
posted
What is music? Each person out there will have there own interpretation of notes sent into the air for ones ears to pick up on.

I myself love Rag Time, Classical, Swing or Big Band sounds. The real rock & roll stuff was before my time. Now there are many who I enjoy listening too. Ricky Nelson, Everly Bros, Elvis etc. I like the Doo Opp sung music and harmony a bunch.

I have a real problem with RAP and its followers.....Anti extabishment types!
I don't like heavy metal music what so ever.
Love marching music, along with the tones of the Roaring Twenties.

<Jagermeister>
posted
I agree that music should not be categorized. Look at rock and roll, for example. Everythign under the sun is considered R&R. It honestly pisses me off when i hear people refer to musicians like Ray Charles as a R&R musician. What is that? Ray is blues or soul or whatever. I wouldn't call him r&r though. Then people say, oh R&R is a spin-off of blues, so then everything owes its identity to blues. it just gets too completx. Also, Aretha Franklin was admitted to the rock and roll Hall of Fame. Who schemes this stuff up? I bet if these hall of fame coordinators worked at it, they could convince the world that the Beatles were the first punk-rock band. the categorization of musik is way too subjective.

i think you have to be very pissed off, or in an angry or aggressive mood to enjoy rap though. it's too unsettling for me. when would you listen to it? in a car? that's likely the cause of "road rage"...and you can't just sit down and relax with rap on, so I'm a bit lost on the matter.

one of us
posted Hide Post
All music springs from gospel and blues,as that was what was first.

I personaly can't stand rap.I can stand some jazz,but only a few songs.Others leave me cold.

I personaly think "good" music is when a band plays together well.The vocals,to me at least,are only a very small part of it.This is the main reason I don't like the teeny bopper boy bands.

What I really don't like about the teeny bopper bands is that they are ALWAYS comparing themselves to the Beatles.Give me a break.The Beatles not only wrote most all their own songs (and darn good ones at that),they were also superb musicians.All these tenny boppers do today it dance around and lip sink to their record.

------------------
I'm out to wrong rights,depress the opressed,and generaly make an ass of myself!

Posts: 529 | Location: Humboldt County,CA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote