THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    How to chose an outfitter and how to book a hunt

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to chose an outfitter and how to book a hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am very interested in hunting free range aoudad in the US next winter. I've done a search here on Aoudad hunting but haven't uncovered as much information as required for me to know what I'm doing. Do I book through a booking agent or do it myself? How do I bring a gun into the US and back into Canada? What about bringing back the horns and the cape? What's my first step? Then what? From what I can gather so far, Wendell Reich has received a number of positive reviews. Anyone willing to show the ropes to a nube? BTW, I'm also interested in hunting PG with the Gras Ranch in spring of 09. I was hoping the aoudad hunt would provide me the opportunity to get the hang of international hunting. My e-mail address is bobscobra@shaw.ca

Bobby B.

Posts: 323 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Your best move would be to contact Mr. Reich and he can probably fill you in on all the details.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunt free range aoudad in SE NM. Be happy to host you. Haven't had an international hunter from Canada yet but I'll bet we can work out the details.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 935 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bobby,

I have booked thru booking agents as well as direct thru outfitters. I have had success with both. I looks like for this you can contact the outfitter directly. Get a list of questions and ask away. Like references, what's included in the hunt, food, accomadations, shipping of capes, how the hunt is conducted, who are you hunting with, the person you are speaking to or a hired person. Simple stuff, just to get a feel of the guy. I get a lot out of just speaking to the person and asking questions. Your are spending a lot of money, take your time and call several different outfitters.

Now guns, into the states for a Canadian is a bigger issue. You might have a problem here. But, I have only done it from US to Canada and back.

Posts: 55 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote