Find
Notify
Tools

2008 Deer hunt (pictures added )
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bisonhunter1
posted
Hey all. back from my 2008 hunting trip to Montana and South Dakota. Montana is a annual trip for me for some hunting with friends in Billings, MT and this year although I failed to draw the "A" tag, I did get several (4) "B" tags and filled them all in about 4 days of hunting, all whitetails, with my Ruger M77 in 25-06 Rem. These were pretty much my "venision" supply for the coming year.

After a week in MT, I drove into western South Dakota for a guided whitetail hunt using the services of the Triangle Ranch B & B located outside of Philip, SD. Turned out to be a 450 mile drive from Billings, MT. This was a 4 day hunt and I managed to get a surplus SD whitetail tag(s) which allowed me a buck and a doe. Had some trouble with adjusting to the longer range shooting required in SD, but on day 3, in the late afternoon I finally connected on a very nice and my biggest to date, whitetail buck with 10 points and a 20 7/8" outside spread. Again took this deer with my Ruger M77 in 25-06 Rem, using my own 110 gr. Nosler Accubond handloads. Didn't fill the doe tag here, but was happy anyway with the buck and besides I had my doe tags all filled in MT the prior week, so was good to go on the meat aspect.

These are all pictures of the same deer, even if they are a little out of order. At least they are posted for all to see.

Thanks,
Willi

Posts: 578 | Location: Post Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Josh K.
posted Hide Post
Congrats..how about some pics? Big Grin

Posts: 362 | Location: St.Louis Mo | Registered: 15 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
CONGRATS!

SInce you have them on photobucket, it is easy to post them here. At PB, click on the IMG code (below your photo in your album) of the photo you want to use and then copy it. Paste it here in your thread, and presto, the image appears.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bisonhunter1
posted Hide Post
Okay, got the pictures loaded to the original post.

Posts: 578 | Location: Post Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jim Z.
posted Hide Post
thumb thumb

Nice Buck!

*we band of 45-70ers*
Whiskey for my men & beer for my horses!

Malon Labe!

Posts: 235 | Location: Oregon Territory | Registered: 16 November 2007Reply With Quote