Find
Notify
Tools

Nice Black Bear
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted
This is a picture that was taken on our place in Hyde. I took my son fishing on Friday and we caught about seventy. Weather turned bad on Saturday so we went on a game drive and put out a few cameras. We saw about twenty deer, over 100 turkeys, five bears, two alligators, tons of waterfowl and one red wolf.

I did not take this picture but it was taken right next to our place three weeks ago.

The Stripers have started their annual Spring migration up the rivers to spawn. The bigger fish will start to show in a few weeks.

I think we got the suburban stuck a total of five or six times. Took this photo after my guide Alex got stuck trying to pull me out. This has been a very cold and wet spring for us. Roads were so bad we had to take the Argo out on Sunday. My arms are still sore today from driving it.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a pig of a bear.

Nice pictures.

Mud like that is hard to get through I like the wide tracks on the rescue machine.

I have been struck before I really try and avoid it.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Capt I've been there myself! Got pulled out only to get stuck again at same spot the very next day. rev.

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is one big bear, especially for this early in the year.

One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Very nice (bear) photo!

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2803 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is a red wolf? I've never heard of that creature.

Porker of a bear. Fishing season is heating up. Time to dig out the crappie rods.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is a red wolf you ask? Do a Google you will see the last remaining 50 or so in the east live around the Capt's area near Scotland Neck, NC. I have hunted deer with Capt. Purvis on his family land hopes were high I would spy one but alas none such luck.

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
The majority of them are a little further East on our Hyde County farm. I think that there are more like 50 dominant wolfs in this release area and most have their own pack.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think that there are more like 50 dominant wolfs that lead a pack.

The DNR fish and wildlife it seems to always underestimate wolves, bear and so called endangered species.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stalked upon the biggest black bear I’ve seen in these North Georgia woods. We estimated it to be @400 lbs. I had a shot at about 110 yds, but brush in between. The bear and I had already seen each other, so when I shot I think it was deflected. Will try to get him again in October. Stalk hunting black bear is my second favorite hunt only to Red Stag!

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just read a bit about the red wolf. Great recovery story. Be neat to see them on a regular basis.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is an incredible picture.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn.

I think even I could hit a goose amongst THAT flock !!!!

Posts: 531 | Location: Australia | Registered: 30 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
think even I could hit a goose amongst THAT flock !!!!

Paul, let's not get carried away now :-)

Posts: 20142 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote