Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a buffalo bull discount?
 Login/Join

<SkiBumplus3>
posted
To All,

I have been contacted by a friend in eastern MT who has a 4 year old buffalo bull. The bull has a bad habit of jumping a 6 foot fence and messing with the neighbor's angus bulls. He will offer the bull for $2000. It weighs about 2300 pounds and is not a pen hunt because he can't keep it in the pen. I doubt you will need a compass and a guide because the ranch is 17,000 acres. This is not a "free ranging" buffalo. It is a big teenager with a active hormones. The neighbor will kindly shoot it for free but the rancher would like to have some compensation. You will get to keep all of the buffalo.

I receive ZERO compensation for this. The bull needs to go within 10 days. You would fly to Billings MT. I will take you if you fly to Kalispell, MT but the drive is 8 hours. I could arrange a day of upland bird hunting in the same area. Please send me an email with any questions.

Thanks,
Skibumplus3

one of us
posted Hide Post
That seems to be a bit steep. I had a friend call me appx. 6 weeks ago from S. Dakota that could get you on a bull for $600.00 and keep everything because of low meat prices.

Doug

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, Wash, DC | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
<SkiBumplus3>
posted
$600 for a mature bull? Jump on that like a monkey on 40 foot of vine my friend! $600 will get you a yearling bull or heiffer in Montana.

Ski+3

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
My Pa is lettin' his old breeding bulls go for $1600 CDN.

Little more expensive to get here, and then to transport the meat home however.

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am not all that interested in shooting a buffalo but I will try aand contact my friend and see if the opportunity is still there if anyone is interested.

Doug

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, Wash, DC | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seems that the pricing of Buffalo is a bit different from other animals--primarily due to their availability for purchase at many local sales. Given that you can buy a buffalo for less than an equivalent domestic cow (and the price goes down every day), I'm not certain that current trophy prices can be sustained. Still...$2000 for a classic American icon might be considered a bargain.

Posts: 898 | Location: Southlake, Tx | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Skibum+ -
You could drive 2 1/2 hrs. to Dupuyer and shoot a bison for less than going to Billings. The upland birds are thick this year around Conrad/Valier. For 80 bucks the Hutterite colony will haul,cape,skin and quarter your bison while you watch. The local butcher in Valier will do everything above plus cut and wrap for 200 bucks. It's a better deal in my opinion and it's just over an hour from G-falls airport. Lodging in the area is @30 bucks a night. There's a lot of surplus mulie doe tags as well for units 400 and 406 for 8 bucks resident/ 75 bucks non-res. The pike fishin' is great now on Lake Frances.

Posts: 73 | Location: North Central / Montana | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote