New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Close Calls While Hunting?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I killed a clients buffalo and the momentum of his charge was such that his chin was on top of my foot for all practical purposes and my foot was burried in dirt....I have had 3 for sure and a 4th that was iffy, but none of them were up real close and personal but the one mentioned as most were shot and killed as the charge was, shall we say stopped early, in its development stage..

I had total combat with a deer my wife shot when I straddled it and tried to cut its throat, we tore up the side of a mountain...I was scared to turn him loose and scared to hang on, but finally beat his head with a rock until it killed the poor beast...my shirt was torn off and lots of blood everywhere, mine and his...

I have had more than my share of incidents and most of them my fault and the result of carelesness on my part, or someone with me, also mostly in Africa. Most were more comical than serious, but could have become life threatening in a heart beat. Elephants and Lions are bad about that.

Posts: 41976 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This happened Saturday. I was still hunting a stand of willows, while my wife was posted on a hill in case I pushed anything out. I heard some guys talking at the end of the willows, upwind so I stopped. I figured their scent and noise would drive any deer my way. After a couple of minutes one of them shoots into the willows near me. The dumbass either shot at me or was trying to scare deer out by shooting in there. I stepped out and was in plain view, and him and his buddy took off in the opposite direction.

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote