THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Which slugs for smooth bore with rifled choke?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which slugs for smooth bore with rifled choke?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
TO ALL

Which slug; Make/Brand, style, weight are you finding accurate in a smooth bore 12ga. with a rifled choke tube?

The Gun; Remington 870 Magnum. 20" barrel smooth bore with 'Cation' rifled extended choke tube.
Thank you for your input.

SAM

Posts: 702 | Location: Lenoir. N.C. | Registered: 18 September 2000Reply With Quote
<gamecock>
posted
Sam: friend of mine gave me his 11-87 to shoot in for him as he didn't have the time and/or was apparently much smarter than I.

20' barrel, hastings rifled tube, scope. selected 5 different sabots to test. best groups by far were the Win. 2 3/4" sabots which tore a ragged a 13/16", 5 shot hole at 50 yds. may or may not replicate in your gun.

suggest you do the same kind of test or find some sucker to do it for you.

and, no I'm not interrested [Big Grin] . luck...glenn

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sam,
I've had the best luck with 2 3/4" Lightfield Hybred Sabots in my 870 with rifled choke tube. I get honest 3" groups at 100 yards and they do everything I ask of a shot gun slug without beating the crap out of me.

Jeff

Posts: 784 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 December 2000Reply With Quote