Find
Notify
Tools

Pictures of my 2009 hunting season
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted
Here are a few pictures of my 2009 hunting season. Had some fun and shot some respectable animals throughout the fall. I've got two really good friends of about 10 years now and we hunted together quite a bit this past fall.

The season started off with a DIY trip to Florida for some gator hunting. We ended up filling 3 of our 4 permits, which I didn't think was too bad for a bunch of Oklahoma rookie gator hunters. (We really didn't know what we were doing!!!) We let one gator that was about 8' get away from us one evening. The smallest was 5' and the largest was 6'2". We hunted 3 nights.

A few weeks later I headed to the Oklahoma panhandle and took this antelope on my buddies place. I had this guy on the ground within a couple of hours.

The first part of November found me chasing mule deer here in Colorado with some very good friends who I met here on AR. Thanks again guys for the help!!!

Went back home to my dad's place and hunted whitetails over the Thanksgiving holiday. Ended up with a nice buck and two does for the freezer (no pics of the does).

Caught a snow storm a few weeks back we hit the road again for some pheasants. Don't worry my buddies son didn't get his limit, although he did hunt with us that day! Remember there was someone running the camera, my other alligator hunting buddy.

Not too shabby a 2009 season!!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a wonderful season.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats great!

By the looks of all the burned timber...am I to guess thats some where near Cheesman?

If you think every possible niche has been filled already, thank a wildcatter!

Posts: 2287 | Location: CO | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
with a lineup like that
the rest of us are going to have to step up
if we want to say we been hunting.
great pics

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
A good year, fer shure!!

Where in Colorado? If I had to guess, maybe around the Durango area??

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Hey Cody
Great year of being afield!
I count myself lucky to be one of the friends you hunted here in Colorado with, lets do it again this year.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
Nice pics! Hope to have a year that good some day. Gator is definitely on my future list.

Posts: 1067 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
A year you won't soon forget.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for the comments!!

A fun part about all of the hunts, are Do-It-Yourself (DIY). I consider myself lucky to be able to do some of the things I do, and I have a great and understanding wife that allows me to hunt as much as I do!!!!

The gator hunt was a humbling experience. It took us a night to figure out what we were doing. Not to mention, there was a lot of airboat activity on the lake and the gators were very shy of them. So, we adjusted our hunting and ended up with three. Something I wouldn't do every year, because of the steep out of state tag costs, but I'd do it again in the future.

Snellstrom, I'm in!!!

Graybird

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A good year indeed!!!!Congrats. Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Graybird, what a good year, thanks for the share. The antelope hunt sounded great, I really missed getting to chase them around this year--your's looks like a really good one too!

Congrats!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ghostbird
posted Hide Post
Looks like you did indeed have a good year. Congratulations and thanks for sharing.
Andy

--------------------------------------------
National Rifle Association - Life Member
National Wild Turkey Federation - Diamond Life Sponsor
Pope & Young Club - Associate Member

Posts: 561 | Location: North Alabama, USA | Registered: 14 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good Pics and better memories for sure.

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great year to me.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4244 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Great season and a very nice 'lope, especially for a 'State "Cowboy"!

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cazador humilde:
Great season and a very nice 'lope, especially for a 'State "Cowboy"!

GO POKES!!!! Big Grin

Thanks!

Graybird

One of Us
posted Hide Post
looks as though you had a bunch of fun

Posts: 291 | Location: wisconsin  | Registered: 20 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TMTAXIDERMY
posted Hide Post

Posts: 138 | Location: Dardanelle, Arkansas | Registered: 08 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
you must be very satisfied of your season.. Congratulations

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by graybird:
Here are a few pictures of my 2009 hunting season. Had some fun and shot some respectable animals throughout the fall. I've got two really good friends of about 10 years now and we hunted together quite a bit this past fall.

The season started off with a DIY trip to Florida for some gator hunting. .....

Why has your mate got the gator inside his shirt? He must have got scratched up pretty bad with those claws! bewildered animal

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11020 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote