THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Met a "real man" at the range
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Met a "real man" at the range
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
TCLouis -
quote:
I have 20 300 Mag cases fired in a 300 W'by chamber that I picked up at the 100 yard benches at our range.
VERY short neck

Okay, answers the question as to whether they'd fire or not. I wonder how the accuracy was? Do you think the guy wondered why the fired cases looked so funny?

You know, in all seriousness, with the recent flurry of 7mm Short Mag's, along with the standard 7RMag/7Weatherby/Ultra Mag, I'm amazed we haven't seen a bunch of news stories about blowups. I guess it applies to the 30 caliber mags, too. The lawyers are probably licking their chops.

(update) Stopped at one of the local gun shops today to pick up some replacement "headed" RCBS decapping pins. One of the salesmen there told me a guy came in over the weekend to show them that the ammo he got there didn't fit his rifle. He was trying to put regular 7RMag ammo in a 7 Short Action Ultra Mag. The guy was really upset, the salesman said, because "the ammo was in a Remington box, so it should work". Can you imagine what will happen when/if R-P starts to market 7WSM ammo, and vice-versa?

R-WEST

[ 11-18-2002, 23:48: Message edited by: R-WEST ]

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote