THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Where to go for ** BIG ** BC Canada Grizzly?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to go for ** BIG ** BC Canada Grizzly?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am wanting to book a hunt for a BIG Grizzly in BC.

Does any one have a recommendation on who to hunt with?

Any help would be appreciated.

Posts: 77 | Location: Texas | Registered: 04 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would suggest starting at Prince George and working your way north with outfitters, I have no personal experiences with any of them but I do know that just north of Prince George has the highest concentrations of grizz in BC. In my travels I have seen a couple of bears one of which I am sure would have gone 8 feet or better. Also the number of black bears around is phenominal. Several of my friends took bears over 6.5 feet and one was over 7, not bad for a blackie.

Posts: 304 | Location: Prince George BC | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul

Are you looking for an interior bear or a coastal bear? I think you'll find a BC grizzly to be a very spendie critter to hunt. You can hunt interior grizzlies or coastal brown bears in Alaska cheaper. Maybe enough cheaper to cover your airfare and then some. In the Brooks Range a grizzly/caribou combo is $10500. A coastal brown bear can be had for $11500.

If you'd like further info and references contact me anytime.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunted black bears just north of Prince George with sentinel mountain safaris last year, saw a grizz the first day of hunting. The grizzlies carried off every black bear carcass that was left next to the house. I think they charge about %5000 for a grizzly hunt. You can check with their website.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
j

I checked that website. The grizzly hunt is $6000 plus a $4000 trophy fee based on '05 pricing. If these folks have a good grizzly population and put on a good hunt someone should jump on this hunt because it is quite inexpensive. Most of the grizzly hunts I know about in BC are in the $14000 range and an operator will only get 1-2 tags per year.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bryan Martin from Canadian Mountain Outfitters. He would be the best there is for Northern BC Grizzly.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's his web-site. I've hunted with him and you'll find no better guide. Expensive, but you get what you pay for.

http://www.canadianmtnoutfitters.com/

one of us
posted Hide Post
Check this one out:
http://www.mountainhunter.net/Auction/APViewItem.asp?ID=78

Not much time left to bid on it.

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark

I'm sure that is correct, as I haven't looked at the site for a year. I did hunt there last year for black bear, and there seemed to be a lot of grizzlies as well.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely what Greenhorn said--Bryan is the man and the place I would and will spend my money at.

Mark D

Greenhorn-just 59 days till spring Mato season for us! can't wait can't wait.

Did you hear about the new state record? 21 and 8?

Mato

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Last summer, I was driving down the main highway north of Prince George at about 10:00 AM and the traffic was heavy, rigs, motorhomes, buses and plenty of "Cariboo Cadillacs", aka pickup trucks. There, standing in a large field beside the highway, was a nice Grizzly, a young male about four years old; he was totally unconcerned when we stopped to take his picture. There are a LOT of Grizzlies throughout B.C., many more than there were when I started hunting/wilderness working 40+ years ago...I think that we need to shoot more of them due to the number of unprovoked attacks on humans we have seen during the past decade.

If, I wanted a Grizzly, which I don't and never have, I would hunt with "High and Wild", formerly "Big Nine Outfitters" in the Gatho Creek area of northern B.C. I was there about three years ago and the valley was full of Grizzlies; you somehow tend to carry your .338 rather than your .270 when hunting Elk there!

I also strongly recommend "Stone Mountain Safaris" to the north of "H&W" where I saw a HUGE boar while Elk hunting, some years ago. These outfits are pricey, but, they offer, along with the old Peck outfit, the best over-all hunting in B.C. If, you go, get IN SHAPE and you will have the hunt of your lifetime.

Further restrictions on non-resident hunting here in B.C. are coming and sooner than many realize, so, come and do it now as most game populations are at high levels and the hunting is very productive. Again, get in SHAPE.

Posts: 1379 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 02 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Greg R
posted Hide Post
I have booked hunts for and hunted with Dennis Smith of Bear Paw Guide & Outfitter out of Prince George since 1999. He has lots of grizzlies. In fact, I saw 3 huge males in 5 days without even looking on my last black bear hunt with him in May, so I booked a grizzly hunt with him for this coming spring. His grizzly hunts are $6,500 plus a $4,500 trophy fee and they include a black bear, too. I can e-mail you his brochure if you drop me a line at: ggrod@msn.com

Just FYI, the black bear I shot this past May made B&C. You can see the story in the current (Feb.) issue of Sports Afield.

Greg Rodriguez
Global Adventure Outfitters, Inc.
www.GAOHunts.com
(281) 494-4151

Posts: 798 | Location: Sugar Land, TX 77478 | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave Hooper of Tukki Lodge runs a good operation north of Smithers B.C. He hunts the Baine River and surrounding countryside. Great family operation and they treat you like family. I killed and 8ft bear at 10ft that was charging my guide and I on our way back to our campsite. The bear was 20years old. If interested I have a home video I can send you with the promise to return it. Dave Hoopers number is (250)847-8122 and web site is www.tukiilodge.bc.ca If you talk to Dave tell him Tom Williams refered you. Let me know if you need anymore info and Dave charges his hunts in canadian funds.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with taku outfitters out of Atlin.The area has good numbers of larger than average grizzlies.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What going on ??? Kutenay telling Non residents about were to hunt in BC whats next a stone sheep area too ????

Posts: 542 | Location: British Columbia Canada  | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of IdahoVandal
posted Hide Post
If you want BIG B.C. grizzly......I would surmise your gonna have to go to B.C. somewhere....

IV

minus 300 posts from my total
(for all the times I should have just kept my mouth shut......)

Posts: 844 | Location: Moscow, Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by twilli:
Dave Hooper of Tukki Lodge runs a good operation north of Smithers B.C. He hunts the Baine River and surrounding countryside. Great family operation and they treat you like family. I killed and 8ft bear at 10ft that was charging my guide and I on our way back to our campsite. The bear was 20years old. If interested I have a home video I can send you with the promise to return it. Dave Hoopers number is (250)847-8122 and web site is www.tukiilodge.bc.ca If you talk to Dave tell him Tom Williams refered you. Let me know if you need anymore info and Dave charges his hunts in canadian funds.

I hunted with Dave Hooper (Tukii Lodge) this past September and took a nice griz. The grizzly hunting is along the Babine River. The bears are interior grizzly, but they are feeding on the salmon run in the fall. If you would like to know more, PM me. I highly recommend the operation. It is first class.

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
During the period of just over the past year, I have commented upon the situation concerning the "non-resident alien" hunting here in B.C. I have gone to considerable trouble to explain that my (and other B.C. residents) objection to this as it currently is done, is NOT based on "anti-American" feelings....although I do think that we Canucks should tie ALL resource use/sales together, i.e., no non-tariff softwood sales to the U.S. = no B.C. hunting for Yanks.

During this entire period of time, a number of "n.r.a" hunters have politely and respectfully requested information concerning hunting here in B.C. AND I have and will continue to assist such posters; it's funny about we Canucks, we respond to courtesy and respect and tend to kick the asses of anyone who treats us without those estimable qualities.

In short, do as ye would be done unto and it's fuggin amazin what can happen......

Posts: 1379 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 02 October 2004Reply With Quote