THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Haven't had a good bear story in awhile.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Haven't had a good bear story in awhile.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
38 spl. saves the day.

Having a firearm and being willing an able to use is is far more important.

Then type and caliber.

https://www.ammoland.com/2022/...yoming-grizzly-bear/

At this point, Hunter One had drawn his .38 revolver. He fired two shots as the bear attacked Hunter two. The bear disengaged from Hunter Two, fell down, and started to come up toward Hunter One. Hunter One fired another shot at the bear, and it went down for good. Hunter One reported all shots were fired from six feet or less.

Posts: 19432 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
The bears ate the would be story tellers ...

thanks for the post

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4737 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The bears ate the would be story tellers ...

Just another myth.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why would you use a puny .38 and you're packing real artillery ? Confused

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1625 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams1:
Why would you use a puny .38 and you're packing real artillery ? Confused

Grizz

Maybe that is all you owned at the time.

I am sure you have the pick of dozens of handguns in your collection.

one of us
posted Hide Post
My last 5 years in Federal L.E. was as a special agent on the USFS, mostly Marihuana eradication but other duties as well..Got a call from the regional office
take my elephant gun to Yellowstone office for a Grizly release, said OK..call the Ranger adn advised him, and he twisted off saying he didn't need a gun on a bear release, kind of a nasty person, so I said kiss off, and called the Region, they said well OK he's the district ranger...Two days later The regions called and said the bear got out of the cage and grabbed the ranger by the cheek of one ass and litterly ate it off...

I saw the ranger some months later and was introduced to him, at which time I said oH your the "half assed" ranger that didn't need a special agent to save your ass..He walked off.. jumping I couldn't help myself..
My favorite bear story..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41970 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A 38 special in the brain would probably work most of the time, beats beating a bear to death with your bare hands! rotflmo

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41970 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote