New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wolves
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Had a picture of 3 pups and an adult on the game came yesterday in one of my food plots.

Just a few of the furry friendly forest creatures.

Posts: 19597 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, at least Wisconsin won't have to worry about the deer over-population anymore.

Posts: 849 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well had a friend trap a wolf off the property last year hoping to line up another wolf tag this year.

It all helps.

One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Our season starts in exactly 30 days. Up to 5 tags can be purchased over the counter ($19 ea) and the season goes until March 15 2015. Can't wait!

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
mn just upped the amount of tags on wolves

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wis cut back on the number of tags this year

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
Well had a friend trap a wolf off the property last year hoping to line up another wolf tag this year.

It all helps.

P Dog Shooter, if I draw a tag this year, I'll be looking for some land to shoot one on........

Peter

Posts: 120 | Location: Oshkosh, WI | Registered: 21 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PM sent

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Tags Tags, really?
If anyone thinks we can wipe out all the wolves as hunters has to be slipping cheese of their cracker.
Them damn things are much better hunters than we will ever be.
That being said, just go out there and get them. They are not behind the TV ...

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of don444
posted Hide Post
tu2

Posts: 551 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tags Tags, really?If anyone thinks we can wipe out all the wolves as hunters has to be slipping cheese of their cracker.Them damn things are much better hunters than we will ever be.

Some things are just better not talked about

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Them damn things are much better hunters than we will ever be.

Nope if humans are able to hunt 24/7 with out rules we tend to wipe out anything were hunting.

It is only laws and rules and sportsmanship that keep us at a disadvantage.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
SSS! dancing

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know how far the introduced packs are from Saratoga Wyoming, But the game department got a gps signal from a collared one that roamed a bit south. It was spotted by a woman who was somewhat freaked out by seeing a large animal by her home.

Posts: 208 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: 14 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If your wanting to hunt 24/7 I would seriously consider trapping as that method. I can assure you that if you are receiving pictures of them where you hunt your ungulates are in far more danger than you realize, take it from me, if you do nothing about it for a couple of years...ie don't snare/trap them, your area will then become depleted faster than you can blink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wishing you all the best

Posts: 625 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Trapping is by far the most effective way of taking them for sure.

I am well verse in trapping canines with traps