Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Taxidermy Around SLC??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of SnakeLover
posted
It's been a while since I lived out in the Wasatch, so hopefully some of the others from out there will respond. I do know in Ogden (north of SLC) there was a Dave's Taxidermy.

I think High Uinta's had the best taxidermy I saw in the state, as they displayed at mule deer federation, SCI, RMEF, etc.. and I got a chance their work. However, they weren't in SLC when I was there, though they may have moved/expanded.

Good luck

Brad

Posts: 472 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Brad.
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I have used both Dave's and High Uintahs. Dave's is in Ogden (Riverdale, actually) and High Uintahs is in Coalville, about 15 minutes east of Park City. They both do excellent work. 90% of my work goes to Dean Schulte at High Uintahs. You won't find a better craftsman, as well as businessman. I highly recommend him. 435-336-4141. He has done over 20 animals for me.
Dave Butts has done several for me as well. No complaints, but I just like Dean's "style" better.
Good Luck,

Bill

Posts: 1088 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys, I almost forgot to ask this question: does anybody know a great taxidermist in or around Salt Lake City?? Mule Deer might be the job (hopefully).

- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote