Find
Notify
Tools

Art, Photography, etc.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted
What do you all think about this lady's work..
www.patmahony.com

All comments welcome good or bad.

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What does this have to do with big game hunting?
Confused
MG

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jarrod,

Just asking, or do you know this lady?

I'm not a big fan of the colour pencil, if've done a little in it myself...

(wolf portrait)

...with the right paper you can get some life into the drawing, but you run the risk of pretty dull pictures. I like to stick to just black pencil.

(cougar portrait)

Watercolours can give that "life" to a painting, but in the one example on the site, the proportions of the people seem a bit odd, especially the person on the left. It also seems as if the artist hasn't quite mastered the freedom that watercolours offer (I've tried, without any formal education, and I struggled in the same way; it is too easy to "draw" with watercolours, instead of paint, and you lose the effect).

I love the jelly fish photograph, the others don't stick out.

Having abandoned the art (or put it on hold indefinitely), I do a lot more photography, and truly, only a few in a hundred shots are worth a second look, and maybe only one or even less, is worth framing. So many things determine the quality of a picture, that it is tough to make winners.

(Disclaimer: I'm not a trained artist, nor a trained photographer; just offering my opinion)

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
I don't personally know her. Same as I know most of you here online only.

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
She looks a little old for me. If I'm going to be chasing some strange I would chase a hottie and not waste my time. She might have a nice personality but you can't tell from a website.

Is this the new Accurate Reloading web dating service?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12549 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
She looks a little old for me. If I'm going to be chasing some strange I would chase a hottie and not waste my time. She might have a nice personality but you can't tell from a website.

Is this the new Accurate Reloading web dating service?

Big Grin I was pretty underwhelmed by her work as well. Next! Smiler

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brianbo
posted Hide Post
If you ask me, Fjold's avatar/avi clip is more appealing.

Regards,
Brian

Meet "Beauty" - 66 cal., 417 grn patched roundball over 170 grns FFg = ~1950 fps of pure fun!

"Scotch Whisky is made from barley and the morning dew on angel's nipples." - Warren Ellis

NRA Life Member

Posts: 479 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: 10 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brianbo:
If you ask me, Fjold's avatar/avi clip is more appealing.

What he said!

Posts: 156 | Location: Southern MD | Registered: 29 January 2005Reply With Quote