THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Hunting stores in B'ham and Atlanta area

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting stores in B'ham and Atlanta area
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted
Next week I will be making a trip to Suches, Ga to meet some friends for a little visit/hunting trip. I will be traveling along I20 from Jackson,MS-Birmingham-Atlanta and was wondering if there are any nice Hunting/gun stores along the route that would be worth visiting.

Also, any advice hunting Coopers Creek WMA? Is there a good population of Whitetail? Bear? Hogs? Thanks!!

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WTR
posted Hide Post
I-20 into Atlanta - if you take I-85 North you will come up on Bass Pro Shop at the Sugarloaf Exit (approx 20 miles north of Atlanta). Not sure if you will be traveling I-85 or 400 North from Atlanta? There is also a neat hunting store on Hwy 400 north of Dawsonville, cant remember the name though.

Coppers Creek has a decent population of whitetail, hogs and better than average population of bear (for GA). If you can still find acorns, you will find any of the three...

Good luck, Suches is a beautiful area!

WTR

Posts: 35 | Location: Madison, GA | Registered: 19 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For the guns and accessories that are a cut above the rest ($$) give Chuck's Firearms in Buckhhead (downtown section of Atl) a try. He has all the nice pricey stuff you only see in magazines. The owner Jack is pretty nice guy! If you like fishing, The Fishhawk is a well stocked fly shop that is next door as well.

Posts: 373 | Location: Leesburg, GA | Registered: 22 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
Thanks gentlemen! I have Chuck's mapped out, we have a Bass Pro in Jackson so I will pass it but thanks for the lead! If you think of the name of the store in Dawsonville please let me know. I suppose I could just swing by and ask around, shouldnt be difficult to find in that small town. Thanks!

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Woods and Waters in Tuscaloosa is worth stopping by when you're going through Tuscaloosa. They're not far off of the interstate, exit 73 I think.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It's been a few years since I've live in the Atlanta area, but I think the store referred to near Dawsonville is Bargain Barn. It may be a bit out of your way but still a very nice place to visit. Quite of variety of outdoors gear.

Just found the link - the place I'm thinking about is in Japser, Ga. Here is the link - Bargain Barn - Jasper, GA. It is worth the trip.

Also, I'll add my recommendations for Chuck's. The have some vere nice stuff in stock!!

Phil

Posts: 535 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 17 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To get to the Bargain Barn from I-20, you would take 75 north to 575 north and just keep on going, 575 turns into 515 and the "Barn" is right on 515. Cool place with a lot of stuff, but Chucks is the place for the NICE stuff.

BTW, I think from 1-20, it's probably about 40 mins to the Bargain Barn--It's close to me so I go a lot, but they probably don't have anything a Bass Pro doesn't have, possibly a pistol or two, and Swaro and Conquest scopes--don't know if Bass Pro has those in the stores or not.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote