Find
Notify
Tools

Iowa (Zone 5) deer hunt area needed
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
I might be in need of a place to deer hunt in early January 2012. I have drawn the non-resident late season muzzleloader license (for Zone 5).

Yesterday I was informed that I might become the victim of an outfitter partnership meltdown. There are hints that one of the partners that I booked with might be the target of some kind of Lacey Act investigation and apparently lawyers/lawsuits are involved between the partners. Starting Monday morning I will be following up on how bad it really is but I have a feeling the monies I've already paid are in jeopardy. I hope not but if half of what I heard yesterday is true this is going to get ugly.

So I'm trying to line up a possible 'Plan B' as I have over 500 bucks in a hunting license. Can anybody in the A-R world familiar with that part of Iowa give me some suggestions for a place to hunt in early January?

Posts: 3282 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Are you coming to Albany?

Good luck with the Iowa situation. Been there and done that.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7712 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Any chance that the initials of this individual are JB?

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Drummondlindsey, I've sent you a PM. Let's talk.

Judge, might not make it to Albany as I'm doing a (Kansas) pheasant hunt next week with my youngest son. Funding might be a bit stretched to leave the next week for Georgia.

At this late date I probably can't book with another outfitter for Iowa Zone 5 as I just don't have that deep of a checkbook. Chances of getting my deposit back any time soon is pretty slim.

This is still a fluid situation but if anybody knows a Zone 5 farm with a woodlot or swale that a trespass fee can get me onto.....

Posts: 3282 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Let me change the search parameters on this thread (as I realize I might just have to hit up the credit union for some more funding)....

Can anybody in the A-R world recommend an Outfitter for south-central Iowa deer hunting (Zone 5) for late season muzzleloading season? I've done all the standard googles but am looking for some suggestions from people with recent, first-hand experience.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Better yet if some one could take you hunting there.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote