New
Find
Notify
Tools

best bullet/caliber for ford trucks
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
my opinion would be that shot placement is critical here. if we were talking chevy or dodge, one would have to use something with pinpoint accuracy; however, fords are somewhat easier to kill, allowing for a sloppier shot. nevertheless, penetration is important and would take precedent over expansion in most cases.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't waste the ammo, It'll break soon enough without any help from me.

(Slips into nomex suit)

Posts: 226 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 10 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU nmwater for taking this in the fun that it was intended!

i thought that my opening posts on each topic would spark some fun discussion; sorry to see that i was unsuccessful.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm just suprised the Ford lovers haven't fired back.
I've actually heard a few of the discussions before (What would you want if you had to take down a T-Rex etc.)

They're silly but fun discussions.

Posts: 226 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 10 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Having owned a Ford that was shot with a 30 Caliber, I can tell you that it was not enough gun. Shot placement was not the best either. The bullet penetrated the outer skin on the box and was retained between the outer skin and the inside of the box. Maybe they weren't using premium bullets. Don't know because the skin is too tough to easily cut the bullet out of.

It was still going strong 100,000 miles later.

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote