THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    A short treatise on hunting- 16th century

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A short treatise on hunting- 16th century
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The character of hunters according to a knight of the the 16th century.

"And here I can[n]ot but reme[m]ber, that once being on a hu[n]ting iourney with that most honorable Gentlema[n] Ambrose the late Earle of Warwicke, and now deceased; I heard him say before diuers Noble men and Gentlemen of great qualitie then in that companie; that amongst all the sorts of men that he had conuersed withall in his life, he neuer found any better or more honest companions than Hunters and Falkoners. I could here say much more in praise of this notable exercise of hunting; by which in many other Countries men haue been and yet are often deliuered from the rauine & spoile of many wild beasts; as namely of Lyons, of Beares, of Woolues, and of other such beasts of pray; and here in England from the hurt of Foxes and of other rauenous vermine"

For the rest and tips on various hunting of the time-

http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/%7Erbear/hunting/cockaine.html

Karl.

Posts: 3533 | Location: various | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most excellent post Karl.

Thanks Smiler

Posts: 56912 | Location: GUNSHINE STATE | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, liked that uery much! Thanks!

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

I like to think some things haven't changed.

Karl.

Posts: 3533 | Location: various | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote