New
Find
Notify
Tools

ALBERTA BLACK BEAR ! !
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
OK, I'm gonna be in Edmonton Alberta for a job interview Thursday and Friday of this week. I am considering extending my stay for a week since the flight is on my potential employers dime. Is anybody out there an outfitter who might want to put someone on an Alberta black bear after this friday?

Regards,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
<richard powell>
posted
You might be hitting in about right.... bears are just starting to come out of hibernation (around Lesser Slave Lake) according to this archery dude who has been setting up baits for the last week or two up there..... Do you want me to ask there is an opening??? Lane Archery (they also use rifles) 403-380-2626 ... Ask for Dennis or Cheryl. I believe that they are closed on Mondays...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup, I figured the timing to be just about right as the season has been open for a couple of weeks now I think. If anyone knows of any other outfits that might squeeze in a last minute client, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with Todd Loewen several times, he lives in Valley View about 4 hours north of Edmonton. His number is 780-524-4574.

Mike

Posts: 1860 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Contact Rod at Westgate Gun Sports and he will put you in contact with Abe. Rod is a friend of mine who owns the gunshop mentioned, tell him Allen told you too call.

------------------
AlleninAlaska

Posts: 1058 | Location: Lodge Grass, MT. Sitka, Bethel, Fort Yukon, Chevak, Skagway, Cantwell and Pt. Hope Alaska | Registered: 24 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Lobstick River>
posted
John,

You want to use rifle or bow??? Baited hunt or spot and stalk?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone for the replies!

Lobstick,

I will use a rifle and would prefer a spot and stalk hunt but bait is fine too.

John