New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Mexico targets of opportunity
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'll be in New Mexico the 2nd week of April for some hiking, and I was wondering if there were any places I could find some feral goats or feral sheep on public land? I will be by myself, and I'm willing to drive just about anywhere. I'm really just trying to get my last adventure hunts in before I start residency in June, and any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Andy

Andy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
think about spring turkey

Posts: 245 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
That's what I was thinking. There are few unregulated exotic/feral animals in this state. I've heard rumors of hogs in a few areas, but none that are solid enough for me to load up and spend a bunch of gas money to look for them. You can shoot coyotes, jackrabbits, and prairie dogs as a non-resident with a small game or non-game license that doesn't cost too much. If it were me though, I'd probably just go fishing somewhere. Smiler

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would love to do turkeys, but I'll be gone before the season starts. hmmm, I may just have to pop some jack rabbits and hope to find some sheds.

Andy