New
Find
Notify
Tools

California Ammunition sales
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
CALIFORNIA AMMUNITION SALES . . . Senate Bill 1152 to require registration of all ammunition sales has failed on two votes, but can still come back for another. If you haven't contacted your lawmakers, do so now! You can reach your legislators through a link you will find on the www.nafr.org site, home of the National Association of Firearms Retailers. Look for the California map.

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, Wash, DC | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of OldFart
posted Hide Post
dwhunter,
Thanks for the update. I will be contacting my legislator.

one of us
posted Hide Post
This place never fails to amaze me. Soon you will have to reg. your fishing pole,knifes,your feet and hands. Yet, cellphones,makeup and bmw's will be exmpt. And yes I live in this state.(please don't hold this against me)and yes I vote and try to get the RIGHT guy in office

Posts: 255 | Location: Left coast, Right mind! | Registered: 16 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I suggest every hunter and shooter in the U.S. help contest this for if it passes here it is sure to show up in other states as well.
Bill

Posts: 134 | Location: So CA | Registered: 26 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr Bill,

I have to agree with you on this, although I do not see this passing I think that a new version of this bill will resurface again in the future. I also believe that if passed other states will pick up on it and we will all be in this fight. If you are not used to writing your congressional and senatorial offices I would suggest that you start, if they do not know you are there or what is important to you how do you expect them to watch out for you.

They will take care of the loudest group and from my experience it is usually the anti's.

This link is to congress.org. It has all the info you need to send a letter to all your representatives offices. LINK

My 2cents

Doug

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, Wash, DC | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote