Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Trophy Antelope, cancellation
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted
A good friend of mine had a hunter cancel, and is trying to fill the spot. The hunt takes place in Hudspeth Co. just east of El Paso. The have killed 12 bucks there in the last few years and 6 made B&C. Two others ,including a buck I shot,green scored book but after they shrank ended up 81 and change. The ranch has very good genetics. Only one tag is issued to the ranch owner so you will be the only hunter there. The hunt is fully guided,including meals and motel.
2250.00. The season October 4-12. E-mail me if your are interested and I will put you in touch with the outfitter. Here is the buck I shot 4 years ago.
 -

Posts: 2009 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Jerry, is that on the Anderson ranch? The hills behind your picture look like the ones in the grass land East of the county road, North from the HILL TOP cafe, to the NM state line, and due east of the ranch headquarters, at Sirrea Alto Mt.! If so, there are a number of ranches in that area that have very good Pronghorn, on both sides of the state line, and north and south of hyw 62/180! Most, however, do not allow hunting!

The company I used to work for had the hunting rights on the Anderson, sence it was the old Helms ranch in the early fifties! I have hunted all the ranches in that area, all the way out to HWY 1111 and the Frederics ranch! This is a sleeper area for Pronghorn! good muledeer as well!

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote