Find
Notify
Tools

US Optics scopes
 Login/Join

<dcjs>
posted
hi all,
I just came across the website of Us Optics (usoptics.com) and was quite amazed by these scopes, especially by the prices they sell for.
usually the saying that in optics you get what you pay for is true, so you should get A LOT from these scopes.

has anyone here been able to peep through one of these things and can make some comments?

regards,

david

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am not familar with those scopes but where are they made? Word on the street is that scopes made in Japan are good; scopes made in China are a p.o.s.

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
<Bill>
posted
I think they are more geared towards the tactical market. One thing is for sure, they cost big $$$.

------------------
www.rifleshooter.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just got back from their website and it looks like they are made here (usa). If they charge $10 for their catalog, no telling how much they charge for their scopes. :-)

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
<EricH>
posted
I have looked extensively at UsOptics and I can say that they have more options the your local automotive dealer!! If you want to spend high bucks you can put anything you want on it or in it. They are working on a scope that has a 1500yrd range finder that is coupled to a computer that puts a aimpoint in you scope like the red dot's. Apparently, once you have the best load out of your gun you enter the bullet weight and velocity and it does the rest. It will also learn, meaning if it isn't sited for a particular range you manually change the aimpoint and will recalculate all the impact points for the ranges greater than that range, this will you allow a user to aim dead on out to 1500yrds. I wonder how much that will cost???

<Warren Jensen>
posted
EricH,

Without onsite real time environmental inputs,such as temp., air pressure, elevation, shooting angle, and others, the ballistic correction will not be accurate. These things are coming, but not the way Dr. William's at US Optics describes it.

US Optics have scopes with unmatched capabilities. Delivery and service have sometimes not been their strongpoint. Do some research and you will find some strong opinions.

------------------
Warren Jensen

Warren@lostriverballistic.com
lostriverballistic.com

<dcjs>
posted
hi again,
thanks to all for your replies.
what interests me most is the quality of the optical system (I think the ruggedness is out of question).
is the light transmission and resolution really better than everything else?

thx,

dcjs

<MontanaMarine>
posted
I've read that US Optics has the contract for scopes for the newest USMC sniping rifle (M40A3 I believe is the nomenclature) They are made in the USA. MM