Login/Join

one of us
posted
Here a link to my turkey hunt with picture,

http://www.gunwatch.blogspot.c...-yeilds-dynamic.html

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is exciting to call them into you but to have one charging up to you wanting to fight with the decoy in your hand beats the excitement of calling them in.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love spring turkey hunting! Unfortunately, I can't start until April 27. No end of frustrating as I drive by my hunting grounds every day to and from work and see tons of birds out in the fields. Congratulations!

A few years ago I called in a pair of toms. I shot one and as he was flopping on the ground the other attacked him, pecking and spurring. Then the one I shot lay still. Then he twitched again and drew another attack. This happened several times before I'd had enough. I had to literally yell at that other bird as I walked toward mine to drive him off. Crazy birds.

Posts: 571 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My daughter and SIL have tags coming up I'll get to go call for them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice Tom right there!!! Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
I watched the video.

I couldn't help but think that for a moment that tom turkey thought he had a first round knockout! And just about the time it burned through his lovestruck brain what was going on a load of #2's did too.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote