THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: Test of premium bullets, with pictures,

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Test of premium bullets, with pictures,
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Thanks BFaucett! I have now corrected it.

You are abosulutely correct CDH litt splintring avgang means little splintring. End del splintring means a bit splintring( more than little)
Ingen �penbare means no obvius.

Interbond:
+ good expanded diameter
expands easily/quick

- little splintring

Accubond:
+ good penetration
good expanded diameter
expands easily/quick

- little splintring

Failsafe:
+ good penetration
no splintring

- slow expansion

Barnes x;
+ good penetration
good expanded diameter
no splintring
expands easily/quick

- known for fouling copper in the barrel

If you understand the results you don't need the comments.He only makes comments you can read from the results, with a few exceptions like Barnes X fouling "problems".

Posts: 162 | Location: Norway | Registered: 28 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
Mostly I wondered about:

"litt splintavgang" (little splintering???)
"ingen apenbare" ???

I was comparing the Interbond vs. Accubond, and the Failsafe vs. Barnes X

Thanks!

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Clickable link:

http://www.jegeren.net/tester_kuler.htm

(There was a comma instead of a period/dot in the URL originally posted.)

Just trying to be helpful....

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is there a special bullet you are intersted in, or shall I translate all comments?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is a test of premium bullets done in 2003. www.jegeren.net/tester_kuler.htm

I hope you understand the results even if it is in norwegian. Inntrenging means penetration.

The bullets where shot into wet telephone books, with two dry books in the front. A really hard test.Range 15m in "typical" 308win and 300win. mag speed.

The table "N�r ekspansjon stopper" means :When expansion stops. As you can see from the result a Scirocco expands much easier than a Speer Trophy Bonded.

A guess you have heard about most of these bullets except for Tonheim PBP wich is a local (the only!)norwegian bullet manufacturer. A very precise bullet.

I have a few comments to the results. Only one bullet fail; the Remington Core-Lokt Ultra.And i have seen other failures of this bullet in other norwegian tests. Perhaps not a real premium bullet with controlled expansion?

Lapua Naturalis is now a bit softer.Rhino Solid Shank; I think you can get this bullet i different versions.Also softer bullets.

Norma Oryx got a bit low result for retained weight, some years ago 90%+ was the usual result, perhaps they are a bit softer now?

Sako Super Hammehead has been improved over the last years and these results are now in the same class as Nosler Accubond.

Except for Core Lokt Ultra, no really surprises. And i have to say i'am impressed with the result of the cheapest one ; Interbond!

If someone want to understand the commets in the test i can translate. Points are given for 308win speed.

one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
Interesting! I wasn't able to figure out all the comments (+ and -) for each bullet. Please translate...

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks for the info. very enlightening test.

Posts: 51 | Location: Utah | Registered: 29 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Man, that Remington CL Ultra looks awful! What a joke.

On a positive note, I really wish I could get my hands on some of those Norma CDPs here in the States.

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote