New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Borden Rifles
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Legends are on mcmillan stocks and are a lot less $ than his walnut classic rifles.

I own one Echols and have another on order. I own a safe full of other custom rifles that just niggle me on this or that function. Thus I ended up with D'Arcy and have not been disappointed. Flawless performance, smooth, accurate, and custom scope rings that are consistent and tough.

my 2 cents

Posts: 51 | Location: Utah | Registered: 29 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Prewar70
posted Hide Post
So if I supply my own Winchester action (pre-64 magnum), ballpark what one would need to spend to have an Echol's "Legend" rifle, caliber 375 H&H. Also, I assume the stock is walnut.

Posts: 894 | Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota | Registered: 13 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Two years ago D'Arcy told me he turned out two walnut Classics and 28 synthetic Legends. That says something about demand. He's selling these guns to hunters, not to guys as "closet queens". At the time he was getting $6000, plus FET and scope, for a Legend and more than twice that for a Classic.

On the other hand, I have a true pair of English 12 bore SxS's whose replacement cost would be upwards of $60K. For the kind of functionality D'Arcy Echols provides, his prices are cheap.

Posts: 691 | Location: UTC+8 | Registered: 21 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input guys. I am finding it difficult to say the least to get any info from or on D'arcy, but I will persist. In searching I have noticed some sights referring to stocks from D'arcy, maybe as if he had trained up some others to make stocks? At any rate I appreciate ya'lls good feedback and I'll keep after D'arcy info.
Regards--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Give him a call, you'll have all the information you need in no time. Yes he did teach stockmaking at the Colorado School of Trades.

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He has designed his own stock that is custom made for him by McMillan.

Posts: 51 | Location: Utah | Registered: 29 September 2004Reply With Quote