New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ca. draw results 2014
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Ca. big game draw results are up online beginning yesterday. I burned my 12 points on x5b and 10 points on a cow elk hunt in la panza second season.
Good luck to all in the running.

Posts: 1018 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Got another pref point for a La Panza bull. Already got my A zone tags.
Might have to go for another pig with Kyler.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Didn't get squat this time, but wasn't expecting much since I drew (and scored in) X2 last year. A buddy got an X3b. Bought a D3-5 tag, never hunted it, but my brother and I thought we'd give it a try. You should do well in 5b.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Craigster about 30 miles north of sacramento is a town called Wheatland. There is a BLM area east of it called Spencville wildlife area/camp far west lake. It is rolling grass land with large oaks with plenty of acorn. I have seen nice bucks taken out of there and it holds an excellent turkey population. I used to hunt that area years ago especially D-5's high country. Unless you are the lucky type I found more luck at lower elevation. Also try the border of X7 zones. Best of luck to you.

Posts: 1018 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
mlfguns,
Congratulations for drawing a La Panza tag.

If it helps anyone that draws in La Panza a couple of the ranchers I deal with on the north end of the zone have agreed to let me guide elk hunters at a very reasonable price. Just PM or email me and I'll see what I can work out.

Russ,
Sorry you didn't draw, I didn't draw anything either. A friend of a friend drew a Fort Hunter Liggett bull tag so that should be a fun hunt.

As you know the drought has been rough, but I'll be glad to take you out to look for a pig whenever you would like. We're not seeing many, but we did somehow stumble in to getting 4 this week.

All the best,
Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2506 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing for me this year but my daughter did draw the youth either sex Fort Hunter Leggett tag. Should be fun as she chases her first big game animal!

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Nothing for me this year as I waste my deer tag on the C zone where I live. Have max points for elk, 5 for antelope, maybe next year.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote