Find
Notify
Tools

More On CWD
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted
Yahoo News is running this article on "Mad Deer Disease.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They're getting some answers anyway...So it's OK if they piss on you but don't let them kiss you !! Roll Eyes

one of us
Picture of jackfish
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Saliva's a good bet."
Pretty interesting given the number of environmental conditions that are a "good bet" and have been ignored in the mainstream research.

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.

Posts: 1080 | Location: Western Wisconsin | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
quote:
...So it's OK if they piss on you but don't let them kiss you !!
LMAO
Mete, you need to spread your humor on the post about the NRA Whittington Center stir

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At this years SHOT Show I spoke to a Wildlife Biologist from Wyoming about CWD and he said they had antelope in the same pen with infected deer and cattle in with infected elk and neither of these species contracted CWD.Irregardless I'm reluctant to hunt in any state with deer,elk or moose infected with cwd,there was an article in Outdoor Life written by the 2 experts from CO & WY on cwd in 1998 or 1999 about this disease.A man in this area hunted and ate lots of game meat but he got sick and didn't respond to treatment when he was posted the Dr found the brain damage characteristic of CJDv

one of us
posted Hide Post
My bit of sarcasm was due to the fact that the disease has been known for 40 years and relatively little has been found about it.

one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
I was at a friends ranch several weeks ago and a sick whitetail showed up, emaciated, little more than a hide over a skeleton, and with no concern for it's surroundings we could drive right up to it. We put it down and I had the rancher dig a hole with the loader and we buried it quickly. I'm sure it was CWD, the first they have seen on the place and the first I have seen anywhere, it was not nice.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of DeerNut.com
posted Hide Post
Be careful about the reports of people eating venison and getting Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (vCJD). These reports circulate like wildfire and are absolutely false. Be skeptical. My new book "Deer of the Southwest" is regional in scope but has lots of the latest info on general deer issues, including diseases like CWD.

JIM
www.deernut.com

Jim Heffelfinger
Wildlife Biologist & Author
www.deernut.com
BenOttoPubs@aol.com

Posts: 12 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: 31 October 2006Reply With Quote