New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tundra Griz/barren ground griz
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I really want to kill this species. I have some info on the North Slope, AK.
Some say that there are certain ones that are real timid, shy and elusive and others seem to be real aggressive. Any experience with them?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They have their own personalities for sure. Have seen some nice ones and have seen a few with a definite attitude problem too.

Posts: 141 | Location: Eastern Oregon | Registered: 26 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kroil:
I really want to kill this species.

Just one specimen I hope? ;-)

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We deal with them on a regular basis while in camp July/Aug/Sept and I'd have to agree, each one has their own personality. Over the years, it seems less aggressive ones are the older ones. Like humans, the "teenagers" just out on their own are usually the problem ones.
~Arctic~

A stranger is a friend we haven't met

Posts: 277 | Location: Yellowknife, NWT, Canada | Registered: 13 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are several booking agents on this forum. You might check with one of them and see what might be availible. TO the best of my knowledge, they are very professional and trustworthy. Most are long time members.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i did that many moons ago. the bears are scattered cause it takes a big area to support one. wild colors, the one i shot has black legs brown body with a big red spot on top and gold tipped. saw a small one that the front half was black and the back half silver as a nickel. Ended up shooting at about 400 yards. great hunt - gettum a nice barren ground bou at the same time

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The interior bears definitely have an "attitude". To me, moreso than the coastal brown bears. I'd say it's all primarily related to food supply. That's not to say I think the coastal bears are "teddy bears" 'cause they aren't.
Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote