THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Axis and Blackbuck in Texas...which ranch?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Axis and Blackbuck in Texas...which ranch?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I would like to do a axis/blackbuck hunt in Texas in April or May.

Can any of you recommend a large ranch in Texas with decent free-range populations?

I have found several ranches on-line, but the size of the ranches seem small, and too much like a fenced in hunt.

I have hunted Axis on low-fence ranch before, where the deer came and went at random...but there are no blackbuck at that particular ranch.

Thanks,

Garrett

Posts: 987 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They can be hunted in south Texas on the Yturria ranch. It is 11 thousand acres. Openings are limited and I think even '06 is booked for now.

Although cartridge selection is important there is nothing that will substitute for proper first shot placement. Good hunting, "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This ranch looks promising. I am doing an aoudad hunt with them in May.

http://www.westkerrranch.com/

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3519 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fusino
posted Hide Post
I'm just looking for a lease on which to hunt white tail...can't seem to find a good one at a decent price. =(

I know the YO ranch has good exotics, but their rates are probably a little steep.

www.yoranch.com

--->Happiness is nothing but health and a poor memory<---Albert Schweitzer
--->All I ever wanted was to be somebody; I guess I should have been more specific<---Lily Tomlin