New
Find
Notify
Tools

6mm PPC
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
i am wondering where one can find brass for a 6mm PPC? I have found that components are not that plentiful. I have heard it is easier to form cases from 220 Russian brass. How is this done? Is 220 Russian brass availible somewhere?

Found a used barrel for a T/C encore in 6ppc, thats why i ask.

one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted Hide Post
Shooter, Midway sells 220 Russian, just run the 220 brass through 6ppc dies and check to make sure the sized case fits your chamber, I don't know why more firearms manufactures won't make 6ppc brass, I suppose If more firearms were chambered in 6PPC, that might be a good reason to do so, but who knows when that will happen. Jay

Posts: 1745 | Location: WI. | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info...

and sorry guys about the post. meant to put it in the reloading forum. my bad!

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
sharpshooter, be forewarned that even in factory chambers, PPC brass will likely need to be turned in order for the brass to have clearance in the neck. Necked Lapua 220 Russian brass is .270 to .271, Saami necks are .270.

Almost all chambers are "tight neck" though, usually .262. HTH, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sako also sells brass. It comes in boxses of 20 and doesn't cost much less than loaded cartridges, so you may as well buy it load at that point.

I have heard the Lapua .220Russian produces very very good 6PPC brass.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote