THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    If you apply in Colorado for more than 1 species this is a good read to save you mone

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you apply in Colorado for more than 1 species this is a good read to save you mone
 Login/Join

posted
This year in Colorado it is $40 per animal point fee. If you put in for Deer, Elk, Antelope, Big Horn Sheep and Moose, that amounts to $200. That adds up pretty quickly. However, Colorado has provision that waives these fees for anyone who owned a hunting license in Colorado the previous year. If you drew or bought a tag in 2014, then you will be exempt to these fees in 2015. However, if you did not own a tag in 2014, you still have chance to eliminate the $40 per animal fee. You can buy a 2014 small game or fishing license before March 31, 2015 for $56 and this will count as owning a permit during the previous year to eliminate the $40 per animal fee. This is an easy way to save money. Use the money saved to apply for more states or more animals.

For application reminders and preference point lookup; checkout PointHunter on Facebook or PointHunter in the app store on your phone. To get your monthly GotMyTag Pro Tip, follow us on Facebook or bookmark our website. The best thing to do is just have the PointHunter app.
Never miss the HUNT of a lifetime.

2 notes.
It must be a 2014 license.
None of this apply’s if you are under 18.  Youth do not have to pay the $40 fee and they still get a point if they did not draw.

Download now at
https://www.gotmytag.com/download/accurateloadingB
Watch how it works on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwWaV0trHrw

Posts: 24 | Location: Utah | Registered: 07 September 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Wow, how spendy hunting is becoming. Mad

~Ann

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually, its how spendy applying to hunt is becoming.

Posts: 457 | Location: NW Nebraska | Registered: 07 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Colorado charged $40 for a "point ony" for the past couple years if my memory serves me correctly.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Colorado started the point charge 3 years ago, I believe.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
If you want to play, you have to pay. I think that Colorado is one of the friendlier states for the NR.

Posts: 601 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you want to play, you have to pay. I think that Colorado is one of the friendlier states for the NR.

All depends or a persons perspective.

While Colorado Residents tags have gone up very little in the past several years, Non-Resident tags have continued to rise because many Non-Residents have given up on Colorado because DOW is trying to make up their funding shortfall by charging fewer Non-Residents more every year.

A Late Season cow elk tag for a Non-Resident increased by $100.00 between 2013 and 2014, and that puts those tags at almost the same cost as a Non-Resident Bull Tag.

Yes, Colorado Residents like it because fewer Non-Residents are going there to hunt. I feel that is a case of diminishing returns and in the long run is going to hurt Colorado more than help. When Game departments can not generate enough funding thru license sales, programs will start being cut.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
quote:

All depends or a persons perspective.

While Colorado Residents tags have gone up very little in the past several years, Non-Resident tags have continued to rise because many Non-Residents have given up on Colorado because DOW is trying to make up their funding shortfall by charging fewer Non-Residents more every year.

A Late Season cow elk tag for a Non-Resident increased by $100.00 between 2013 and 2014, and that puts those tags at almost the same cost as a Non-Resident Bull Tag.

Yes, Colorado Residents like it because fewer Non-Residents are going there to hunt. I feel that is a case of diminishing returns and in the long run is going to hurt Colorado more than help. When Game departments can not generate enough funding thru license sales, programs will start being cut.

CHC is right on the button and Wyoming was a good example of that last year to the point where they are now trying to find alternate sources of funding with license fees representing 55% of the G&F revenue and fees that can't be counted on every year due to tag quota cuts.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
good to know. thanks for the info!

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Not to worry, those NR fees are going to increase for 2015, too.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Used to be a preference point in CO only cost $3. But when they merged the DOW with the Parks Dept, the price went up. The DOW was a stand alone organization and it always covered its total costs but the Parks Dept was always in the negative. So, this is just a way for the hunters to pay for the Parks Dept and its lousy money management. Nothing new here, hunters have been carrying the load for a long time. Business as usual.

Posts: 1351 | Location: CO born, but in Athens, TX now. | Registered: 03 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've hunted Colorado as a non-resident a few times. I would love to go back and have a few mule deer points in the bank.

Now that a bull elk tag is $600+ I've quit applying for elk, I think I'm going to let my mulie points expire too. By the time I pay for fuel, rent horses, a couple of nights in a hotel, plus tags, hell for a few hundred more dollars I can hunt Alaska.

Posts: 481 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 14 November 2008Reply With Quote