Find
Notify
Tools

Recovery
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
Good news on the black bear issue I posted about some time back. My bear skin and skull has been recovered and is now in the possession of a taxidermist who cares.

That would be our own Windowmaker 416 (Ron Newman) in New Jersey, or is it Noo Joyzey? Big Grin

So half the battle has been won. Ron was going to flesh the bear out ASAP and get him all tanned up.

Ron took the time to phone me as soon as he received the bear from UPS.

Thanks Ron! thumb

~Ann

Posts: 19248 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Ann, Glad to hear it for you. Just getting past that stress point is a fine present for you.

Merry Christmas!

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear some good news.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charles_Helm:
Glad to hear some good news.

Same here. My bear skulls are on their way too. Had the dermistid beetle treatment.

The rugs won't be ready til May though.

Good for you and a pat on the back to Windowmaker.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, the icing on the cake will be when I can finally post a photo of the mount!

~Ann

Posts: 19248 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Aspen,

I followed your earlier post and it made me sick to see what you were going through. Looks like you have the situation in hand now...good for you. Merry Christmas!

Posts: 373 | Location: Leesburg, GA | Registered: 22 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Well that's a great Christmas present!!

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ann, I'm so happy for you that you got your trophy back! It is nice to know you have a taxidermist who cares handling your bear.

Merry Christmas--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote