New
Find
Notify
Tools

THANK YOU VETERANS
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
As Veteran's day draws nigh, I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank the military veterans for their sacrifices in the service of our great nation.

From the windswept coasts of Normandy to the deep freeze cold of the Chosin; From the fetid swamps and steamy jungles of Vietnam and the South Pacific to the blazing deserts of Iraq it is the innumerable selfless acts of the citizen soldier standing in the breech against brutal enemies which affords all Americans their wonderful freedom to pursue "life, liberty, and happiness."

Thank you one and all for your unfailing courage and willingness to give your life's blood so that others may stay safe.

May the tender mercies of an all knowing and ever- loving God richly bless your Lives,

HBB

Posts: 376 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Amen, Brother. That's very well said and expresses the gratitude of many of us who were never involved in military service, for whatever reasons. Thus, to all my friends, relatives, and unknown strangers, past and present, who helped secure and defend the liberties that I and my family now enjoy -- a very heart-felt THANKS. May God bless you all.

Russ nFC

Posts: 54 | Location: Fort Collins, CO, USA | Registered: 27 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
 -  -

-  -

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Ditto. Thanks a million guys. Always behind you.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
<Mike Anderson>
posted
Many thanks are in order!

Thanks Again!! to all who served!

<Rimrock>
posted
I came across this photo of my Dad this morning. I have no idea who took it, but IMO it's a great photo. Of course, it's my Dad, & he's been gone since '78, so it's bound to mean more to me than others, perhaps. Still, I thought it was worth sharing.
This was taken in San Francisco, I believe, probably when he was there on furlough, waiting to ship out for the invasion of Japan. Of course, we all know what happened next. I know Dad didn't feel gypped in the least over missing out on that experience.

-