Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted
GAME AND FISH NEWS

July 9, 2021

2021 fall hunt draw results now available
Hunters can check portal account, or by phone

PHOENIX — The Arizona Game and Fish Department (AZGFD) has completed its random draw for 2021 fall hunts.

The results are now available for those who have a free AZGFD portal account, or by calling the department at 602-942-3000, pressing “2” and following the prompts. Be prepared to provide a Social Security or Department ID number, and date of birth. This service is free.

To open a portal account, visit accounts.azgfd.com/Account/Register and complete the required fields. A portal account allows customers to create a secure account where they can view and manage their contact information, as well as their licenses, draw results history and bonus points in their personal “My AZGFD Dashboard” section. For questions about creating a portal account, call the department at 602-942-3000 and press “7.”

By the numbers:

50,258: The total number of hunt permit-tags issued.
191,182: The total number of those who applied for hunts or bonus points.
148,409: The total number of applications submitted.

All hunt permit-tags are expected to be mailed by Aug. 9.

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Nothing for me or my son. However, we’re going to draw some good tags in AZ over next few years.

I’m sitting on 24 elk points and plan to use them for a unit 9 hunt. Son has 27 antelope points and we will likely use them for 5B, unless we find something better. And, even though you can never plan on it for sure, we each have 25 sheep points. He’s only 33, so for him that sheep tag is just a matter of time.

Posts: 3916 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My son drew a youth cow elk tag and now a antlered deer tag same unit same season youth hunt.its his last youth hunt so pretty good deal. Me I got nothing. I’ve kilked a 93 inch antelope and a nice desert bighorn and some decent elk and deer but it’s definitely getting tougher on the premium hunts

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2855 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got antlered Mule Deer in unit 22.

Posts: 1244 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Drew the early rifle hunt in the Kaibab 12AE. Expecting a tough hunt, even with 70 total tags.

Posts: 88 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great tag

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2855 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Clark:
I got antlered Mule Deer in unit 22.

I know of a pretty good guide for that hunt...

I think you see him daily! Wink

Posts: 3916 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My all time favorite hunt is the Coues deer, those little buggers are the ultimate hunt, horseback or on foot, LOts of folks these days like to shoot them with special equipment at long range and they have good success Im told, but not my cup of tea..Most of my Coues deer hunting was on my ranch or family ranch and later on leased hunts in the same area in the Texas Big Bend behind Marathon Texas..Texas and Arizona seem to have all the Coues deer with a few in deep southern New Mexico..A beautiful deer they are......

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote