Find
Notify
Tools

No April foolin'
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gents:

I wanted to share with you our evening in Maine this 1st day of April, 2010. After getting our baby down for the night, my wife and I had our date night on the front porch with wine and blankets. We live 2 miles from the ocean and we were serenaded by beautiful music for over an hour. We heard the distant rumble of surf crashing over the reef a couple miles distant. In the mid ground we listened to the occasional fog horn and in the foreground we enjoyed the first evening chorus of early peepers all the while blanketed by stars under a cool Maine night.

It don't get no better than that. Now go kiss your wife!

Cheers.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That would be pretty cool! tu2

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a wonderful evening!

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here north of 60 we are having very good weather. wife and I were out today for a hike then drove a while to look for caribou. Did not see any but did see a purple finch and the snow buntings have moved about 25 miles north in a week. Still lots of snow here but real warm so it is BBQ time with moose steak tonight. Heck and bear season opens in 14 days.
Watson lake.

Posts: 326 | Location: Watson Lake, Yukon, Canada | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys, but here in Vegas the pool is almost warm enough to swim in! Solar has been on for a week now and things are looking good. Tomato plants all have small fruit on them, the lettuce greens need to be cut and it's shorts and t-shirt weather. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
jsl3170:

You don't fool me! You are a shill for the state of Maine (and I admire and envy more than you may know how nice it was to read about you and your lady) - a state that this New Yorker has loved since he was much too small to entertain a lady on a porch! Smiler (I always spent at least a week of my summer vacation starting when I was about 7 at Moosehead Lake with family friends -and used to wake up in the morning and look out my bedroom window and watch moose cropping at the lake vegetation in shallow water. ( I never wanted to hunt moose ever afterwards -sorry, guys) My memories of Maine may be different from yours - but no less emotional.

Posts: 680 | Location: NY | Registered: 10 July 2009Reply With Quote