New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Hunting??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is there any where in texas whre you can on the same hunt shoot a Free Range blackbuck antelope, Javalina, and Predator hunt for Bobcat and Foxes.
Any info is much appreciated, and a Wild hog/boar would be icing on the cake. I think they would make awesome trophies for my room.
Thanks in advance,
W.

Posts: 782 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just need a thick wallet and a bucket of corn!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
woodsie,

you mean somthing like this......

there might be, but you know the old saying,

If I told ya' Id have to ......
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
That's about right except for the Javelina - very seldom find those in the same areas as the axis, black buck, and sika; everything else is dead on - looks like our place in terms of animals we take as well, except your white tails are bigger than ours and our axis are bigger than yours; nice big ugly hog!!!

Throw-in cougar as well.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3061 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AH,

I was out with a couple of buds last fall. It was dark thirty and we had met at a y in the road and were having a beer when a cougar let loose a couple a hundred yards up the canyon I have spotted the cave where she stays but have not yet been sucessful at nailing her. May
get a chance in the near future as I am going up to do some calling next week.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
People say cougars roam alot, depends on the cat and area in my experience and whether they are a family unit or not.

We have one area on our ranch where we have found buried deer and lots of sign over several years - we assume its the same cat. It's just too thick to hunt easily with hounds.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3061 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
That hunt would be in two places to give you the best chance at the game you want.

Blackbuck & Fox can live in the same area, you will find those in the Hill Country, Bobcat too, but go West for Javelina and possibly more Bobcat.

Pigs seem to live everywhere.

There are exceptions, but this is a very general rule.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys!!
Hey Geedubya,
Stupid question I am sure, but are those free range animals?
I was hoping for a Free Range Blackbuck antelope hunts.
THanks,
W.

Posts: 782 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Woodsie
sorry for the delay in the response, but I/ve been out of contact since 8.08. Yes all are free ranging. The blackbucks were taken on a 3,000 acre low/no fenced ranch near vanderpool texas. The ranch is bordered by low fenced ranches of 500 to 10,000 acres. The blackbucks range in and out. The particular pasture where these blackbucks were taken is about 1,000 acres, much of it open grassland. These blackbucks are territorial and have a harem. Because of the open nature of the terrain in this pasture it is hard to get within 400 yds. of them either on foot, by 4 wheeler or truck. I was able to set up a ground blind on a rise in the middle of the pasture. The buck in the picture had ran in the woods a couple of hours before when I entered the pasture. I set up and waited until he came out. I was able to take him just before dark at 200+ paces. I don't have a problem with high fenced ranches. I just don't hunt them.
GWB