Find
Notify
Tools

"Assult weopons" as hunting guns?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I was reading the thread about five hunters killed, and allegedly the firearm was an SKS, of which some posters declared "assult weopons" shooters are not hunters.
Isn't this exactly what the anti-gun folks said before? They said "assult weopons" are not hunting guns, thus they should be banned. Knowing this, and what some posters here said of it, then I figure we are all supposed to just give up owning "assult weopons" simply based on their design?
I'm not sure how the outward design/look of a firearm is supposed to make it a man killer only, and unsuitable as a deer killer (bullets kill, not the design), but appearanly some folks sure do!
Are we to ban semi-auto loaders of every kind, after all "assult weopons" are of this action type)?
Exactly what firearm type is required to take a deer?
If a person desides to use an auto loader, regardless of make or model, then that should their business. It doesn't make them any lesser of a hunter as compared to anyone else using a different action type.

This isn't about defending the criminal acts of this guy. Should he be found guilty, then fry him.

Instead, this is about declaring "assult weopons" unsuitable for hunting, which must be based on the action design and look, because there are "regular" guns chamberd in 223, 7.62x39, 308, etc. used for hunting, so therefore I make the connection between the outward appearance of a gun and it's preceived unsuitability as a deer killer, not the cartride used.
What might be your take on the assumption that "assult weopons" not being suitable as hunting guns? ('Assult weopons' is an anti-gun phrase, used to forward their adgenda. Don't buy into it.) ~~~Suluuq

Mr. Rusty Gunn

Please read what I have written again. I DID NOT say that you could not use an "assult weapon" as a hunting rifle. I was just stating what the Pittsburg press reported the weapon "SKS" as a populer hunting rifle. An SKS is not a populer hunting rifle. Its not that it could be used as such, because it can be, its that I dont beleave a dam thing the media says. And it was only used as a tool, by me, to discredit the media. Nothing more and nothing less.

Posts: 27 | Location: WESTMORELAND COUNTY PA | Registered: 15 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rusty gunn,

It is illegal to hunt with an assault rifle ANYWHERE in NOrth America! Now one can hunt with a semi-auto look alike, but DO NOT confuse these LOOK-A-LIKES with the REAL DEAL.

Personally, I think the semi-auto battle rifles (those would be the rifle chambered in 308 Win) are too damned heavy to lug around. Now hunting with a machine rifle or light machine gun might be interesting!

ASS_CLOWN

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote