Find
Notify
Tools

Turkey Drone
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted
We use this for smart Toms that stay in the middle of our big fields. Notice this double beard on this 25 pound bird. I will post a video of a boss tom attacking drone. I need to figure out a way to attach a go pro to front. It is more fun to watch the gobblers reaction than to shoot the bird!

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many times I've called in a big Tom, only to stand up and start talking to it. You're right....fooling them is much more fun that shooting them.

Posts: 20142 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't use anything but the wind to move a decoy here in MI and a number of other states!

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Topgun 30-06:
Can't use anything but the wind to move a decoy here in MI and a number of other states!

Wow Topcop I'm so glad you shared that little gem with us now I'm positive you just stopped a nationwide crime spree of motorized turkey decoys being used for ill gotten wildlife, rampant crime everywhere must be stamped out before it begins...

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:
quote:
Originally posted by Topgun 30-06:

Wow Topcop I'm so glad you shared that little gem with us now I'm positive you just stopped a nationwide crime spree of motorized turkey decoys being used for ill gotten wildlife, rampant crime everywhere must be stamped out before it begins...

Why don't you stick it up your ass or go somewhere else with your constant BS any time I make a post!!! FYI many people getting into turkey hunting and even some that have been hunting for some time have no idea that a lot of states have restrictions on these newfangled decoys that are being sold that use strings, batteries, etc., so sue me since all I'm trying to do is be a nice guy and keep people from getting a ticket that might not know that rule, especially when they go to a state other than their own to try for a grand slam. PS: I'm also not talking about a home run with the bases loaded just to make sure you understand turkey talk, LOL!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Innovative! Figuring out new stuff is all part of hunting.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3353 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Video please. This should be fun to watch!

Thanks

Skip Nantz

Posts: 539 | Location: SouthEast, KY | Registered: 09 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I rigged a mounted buck like that to use to catch illegal road hunters. It also wagged its tail and turned its head. Worked like crazy....

Birmingham, Al

one of us
posted Hide Post
I really don't think it mattered to the turkey that was killed at all.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just bought my MI turkey license today and grabbed a turkey booklet that shows the opening/closing times for each day, etc. In bold for this year in a couple paragraphs about things you can't do is that it's now illegal to use a turkey form or a real or artificial fan to make a stalk on a bird. I would never try it due to safety factors, but people that have been taking that risk in the past better check to find what they've done in the past is now illegal.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That looks like one of those super cool gadgets designed to catch a lot of hunters.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote