New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lots of hunting to come
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
After 33 years in Law Enforcement I am pulling the retirement pin. By the middle of January I'll be a free man to hunt and fish as much as I can afford. dancing

Its been a long time coming but yet where did those 33 years go by seems like yesterday I was a new rookie now Iam one of the old farts. Just 16 from the top in seinorty In a state wide dept. Lots of people have come and gone.

The good new is my health so far is great so lots of the out doors is stil open for me.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ghostbird
posted Hide Post
Congratulations !!!

Sounds like you earned it... now enjoy your days in the field. Best of luck !

Andy

--------------------------------------------
National Rifle Association - Life Member
National Wild Turkey Federation - Diamond Life Sponsor
Pope & Young Club - Associate Member

Posts: 561 | Location: North Alabama, USA | Registered: 14 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on retiring. Enjoy the outdoors.

And you should feel good about your health. Most of us LE types do not get of our careers without some health problems.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
p dog shooter

After 28 years I can tell it is great when they pay you to stay home. It really is nice to have the time to do the things you want. Enjoy

Posts: 304 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 12 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I'm at least ten years from that blessed condition myself. I don't know where in Wisconsin you live, but down here we are just getting fishable ice. This next week will definitely do the trick. Go out and get some crappies!!

Posts: 571 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Far northern Wis some guys tell me they have been out on bays 3.5 inchs some of the bigger deeper lakes are still open.

Was out with the muzzle loader today could have shot a couple of does but let them walk. We had -2 this morning.

Ranger02 welcome this is a nice site.

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the milestone, and here's wishing you countless enjoyable and memorable outdoor adventures. beer

Of course, you are going to remember all of us and post pictures every now and then, right? Smiler

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9377 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bobby iam only a thousand or so post behind you I meet just hang around and try and catch up. Roll Eyes

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Heck, I figured with retirement and your plans, AR would be put on the backburner.

Quite frankly -- and I say this in all sincerity -- we'd miss your postings if that were the case.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9377 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess that means I can drive a little faster when I go up north then jumping Good luck with your retirement and thanks for your years of service!

Peter

Posts: 120 | Location: Oshkosh, WI | Registered: 21 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your 33 years protecting and serving in Law Enforcement!

beer

Blessings on your future endeavors!

patriot

one of us
posted Hide Post
Peter after Jan 19 the only one I need to worry about speeding down the highway will be myself. Roll Eyes

We were out and shot some geese this morning the muzzle loader is coming out shortly.

Passed on a couple of does yesterday. But I still find times for my freinds here.

One of Us
Picture of Red C.
posted Hide Post
clap tu2 Congratulations. Thanks for the years of your service. Good fortune be yours in the years to come!

Red C.
Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Posts: 909 | Location: SE Oklahoma | Registered: 18 January 2008Reply With Quote